1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Glad you were not hurt and that Stag took care of you

·
Registered
441 Posts
From the look and angle of the break it sure looks like a a defective barrel extension to me but I am no expert. It looks like the extension cut loose and that basically peeled the side of the reciever back as the bolt BC and extension pushed outward. Glad you are safe its good to see when you break down these weapons construction the way they are designed they come apart in a fashion that would minimize injury.Glad you are OK. Did you get any report back from STAG yet on their finding?

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No report back from stag yet the my dealer sed the gun is at the metallurgy lab still

·
Registered
7,444 Posts
Definitly looks like the upper failed, I have seen AR's that have blown up from bad ammo before and it basicly blew the bottom out of the mag, since that was kinda how the system was designed to do...

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Safety Glasses are a good idea afterall.

·
Registered
7,444 Posts
Ear and Eye pro are always a must especially when you are at a range or going to be shooting a lot.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Wow, I'm glad you're still here to post these pics. Bet it was kind of exciting when she let loose, huh?

It'll be interesting to see what Stag has to say about it.

·
Registered
7,444 Posts
dark1 said:
No report back from stag yet the my dealer sed the gun is at the metallurgy lab still

Anything from them yet?

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
I see a billett upper in your future

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Stag blames the ammo the S&B blames the gun hehe. S&B is buying my last 40 boxes i have of there ammo back for $400.00. and Stag built me a Brand new gun for nothing but it was a barrel extension that failed the only question is why it did. Stag calmed it failed do to the Ammo being to hot ..... i do not think you can pack that much powder in to a 5.56 case to do that Stag ses the presser would have to be over 150k psi to break the extension the way it did but the barrel had no obstruction other then the round that was stuck that went boom. I am going to call stag a gen this weak probably to see if it is back from the lab yet.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts