6.8 SPC Forums banner

Feeding and lockback issue with new rifle w/pics... The diagnosis?

6K views 27 replies 14 participants last post by  Gytheran 
Same here

So I just finished my first 6.8 rifle and took it to the range to sight in the scope and immediately noticed......

I am in the same boat. I have run about 100 rounds through mine and am having the same issues. Will not lock back after last round except for every once in a while. It fails to feed from time to time. Some times it will feed the next round into the chamber but it never resets the hammer, therefore I have to manually eject the loaded round and grab another. I have ARP 16" with match set Anderson receivers and AIM Surplus BCG and bolt and mid length gas tube and carbine buffer and spring. ASC Magazines; 4 different ones. I'm thinking it is just stiff and needs using but I can't be sure.

gas tube blow by at the gas block

Check your gas tube coming out of the gas block. I was having the same issues. I was getting to much gas leaking around the tube at the gas block. I pulled the gas block off and covered the port inside the gas black and blew on the end of the gas tube with my mouth and there was very little resistance. too much blow by. I degreased it and sealed around it with red loctite. Runs like a champ now. Something to look at anyway. Hope that helps.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.