6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was lucky enough a few years ago to grab a ARP barrel and super bolt. Due to work and family, I have only taken it to range a couple times and am having feed and ejection issues.
It seems to be ejecting around 4 o’clock for all ammo. However, for some reason, most “hunting” ammo will not feed.
it will cycle Remington fmj, ssa 115 otm, wilson combat 110 bthp, and ppu115 bthp without a problem and will lock bolt back after last round.
however, when shooting 120 sst, s&b 110 pts, cbb 120 mkz, and ssa 110 accubond, it will eject but not feed next round. Most of the time, the next round will wedge at an angle in the chamber.
to make this more confusing, on the list of ammo that functions properly, it works with not h2 and h3 buffer and spring.
my only thought is to install adjustable gas block and try to fine tune for specific hunting ammo that is most accurate.
does anyone else have similar experience or suggestions? Thanks

·
Registered
392 Posts
I have had these issues before.

1. Change out your heavy buffers to a standard carbine buffer. Use a carbine spring, too.

2. A lot of factory 6.8 ammo is not hot enough to cycle in a mid-gas spc ii chamber. (Arp is a hybrid chamber).

3. Hornady 120 sst factory ammo is not hot from the start. I used this ammo for 7 years or so. You can make a handload that is hot enough.

4. Look up the load data here and see what others are doing for handloads. You will need to load for the SPC II chamber (more pressure).

5. An adjustable gas block will not help an undergassed system. Make sure your gas block is properly aligned.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Sounds like your barrel/ bolt/ upper setup is still new, run carbine buffer and spring with plenty of lube for a few hundred rounds. You will be amazed how it will settle down. After it's broken in you can go to rifle buffer/spring an AG block if needed

1 - 4 of 4 Posts