6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey All...

Looking to do a bulk buy on some MODERATELY PRICED bonded ammo for personal defense. I roll my own AB's but just haven't had the time to really get into the load development properly.

I'm not familiar with either of the two Federal offerings listed above but some quick due diligence seems to indicate that the community seems to be getting better accuracy results from the Fusion bullet?

Does anyone know what length barrel Federal tested the F68MSR1 at?

Does anyone know what length barrel Federal tested the XM68GD at?

Has anyone Chronographed either @ 18"

Has anyone done any barrier testing with either?

Any real time experience & data will be appreciated...

***ADD TO THE MIX SSA 90 GRAIN NOSLER BONDED

S/F

Tim

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
All should work fine. I'd use the 90 gr gold dot of the ones you listed for sd. You don't need the extra weight of the 115 and iirc the gold dot expanded better then the nosler. I haven't done any barrier testing with them yet.

Any reason you have an accuracy requirement for sd ammo? Most sd will occur in social room distances and rarely over 100 yds. Any bullet that gives a 3-4 moa group will work just fine.

Also, why do you need a "bulk" SD ammo buy? A mag or two would work for 99.99% of all self defense applications.

Not trying to bust balls or anything but just trying to understand.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Here is the link to the windshield testing, starts at about the 5 minute mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoX68gSOfsA

I have shot both the 115 and 90gds. They both shot very well with a 1 moa average. The xm68gd is the cheaper option so that was the winner for me. Palmetto State Armory and Ammunition Depot are both priced very similar on the xm68gd.

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
I like the Fusion 115 grains myself. Got bigger deer up here and they are a great affordable bonded bullet that I'm using to replace my SSA accubonds that probably will run out this year for the ARP. The Mini 6.8 just LOVES these bullets.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts