1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
173 Posts
Really??? This post should go in the "Today's Laugh" thread. You know it won't last. The liberals will come up with another bunch of BS to throw around.
Me? Never seen an actual assault rifle. Seen a few baseball bats, knives and cars used in an assault but never an assault "rifle". If you were to beat someone in the head with any rifle, I guess it could be called..........just about anything??
Me? There was this boating accident..... well you know the story. :oops: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
461 Posts
Yes, they will. Nevertheless, it's good to get such a ruling.

While you're at it, add the lever action, bolt action, flint lock and cap lock to that list. After all, weren't they also weapons of war?

·
Registered
461 Posts
Yes, those types of firearms were weapons of war. But, they were not assault rifles.
What you fail to take into consideration is the Liberal mentality to label things for what they aren't. I just seen an article labeled The lever action rifle, America's first assault rifle.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Yes, those types of firearms were weapons of war. But, they were not assault rifles.
Sure they were. They were the assault rifles of THEIR day. They were also the hunting rifles and the competition rifles and the plinking rifles of their day. All those adjectives are more than applicable. Each item presented by Wolverine Fan was the modern firearm of its era, and was used for every peaceful and warlike behavior during its era.

'Assault' isn't a dirty word unless you buy into the intentional framing that accompanied California's AWB, and it is a remarkably ignorant way to regard a firearm. Having said that, I'm with Mikie. I haven't seen an 'assault' rifle, either. That's because I've never seen one military force assault/attack another. And regardless of the book cover you've presented, you also haven't seen an assault rifle if you haven't witnessed a military assault/attack.

One day there will be laser rifles; what do you think those will be called? Liberal wordsmiths are likely working overtime on that task.

If you want to play word games, okay. You have chosen a strange place to play. Methinks you are here to agitate.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Word games.

An Assault Rifle is a select fire rifle, utilizing a intermediate cartridge fed from a detachable box magazine with a short rifled barrel. The first was the Sturmgewehr or StG-44 developed during WWll.

An assault weapon is any gun, baseball bat knife, tire iron, molotov cocktail, bottle of acid etc used by a human to assault another. If you capitalize it 'Assault Weapon' then it magicaly can be whatever a government decrees in the continous commie efforts to strip God given rights from citizens of the greatest republic the world has ever known. 😳

·
Registered
614 Posts
Yes, they will. Nevertheless, it's good to get such a ruling.
/QUOTE]

The article states that California will appeal the ruling.

So the CA Supremes will overturn it, the Ninth Circuit will uphold the CA Supremes, and if it goes to the SCOTUS, they will either overturn the Ninth Circuit or send it back to them to reconsider. If they overturn the Ninth Circuit and uphold removing the ban, the ruling becomes nation wide.

I take it as a good step to retaining the application of "Shall not be infringed."

·
Registered
461 Posts
Word games.

An Assault Rifle is a select fire rifle, utilizing a intermediate cartridge fed from a detachable box magazine with a short rifled barrel. The first was the Sturmgewehr or StG-44 developed during WWll.

An assault weapon is any gun, baseball bat knife, tire iron, molotov cocktail, bottle of acid etc used by a human to assault another. If you capitalize it 'Assault Weapon' then it magicaly can be whatever a government decrees in the continous commie efforts to strip God given rights from citizens of the greatest republic the world has ever known. 😳
Adding Assault Weapons, now you're opening a whole new box. You'd have to include bows and arrow, spears, knives, swords, mace, flail, ax, war hammer, catapult, trebuchet and a whole bunch of other things (like rocks, fire and lets not for get about burning or boiling oil). I would say you can go as far as to add fingers, fists and a fork.

Reactions: earlytom

·
Registered
143 Posts
Exactly! BTW I didn't do it the Government did. The Commies who have infiltrated our country love twisting language to augment their lies and deception. Pretty standard practice for them. It is actually in their manuals. A criminology expert would call it an 'aspect of their Modus Operandi.'

·
Banned
2,278 Posts
What you fail to take into consideration is the Liberal mentality to label things for what they aren't. I just seen an article labeled The lever action rifle, America's first assault rifle.
What you fail to comprehend is that "assault rifle" is not a label created by Liberal anti-gun people. It is a term used by authors and subject matter experts to identify a class of small arms that have certain characteristics. The term is also used as nomenclature by some of the world's military forces; for example, the Mk17 SCAR (Special Operations Forces Combat Assault Rifle).

I'm with Mikie. I haven't seen an 'assault' rifle, either. That's because I've never seen one military force assault/attack another. And regardless of the book cover you've presented, you also haven't seen an assault rifle if you haven't witnessed a military assault/attack.
Apparently you and Mikie do not understand the difference between a type of weapon, and an infantry assault.

An Assault Rifle is a select fire rifle, utilizing a intermediate cartridge fed from a detachable box magazine with a short rifled barrel.
Yup, that's the most generally used definition of "assault rifle".

I take it as a good step to retaining the application of "Shall not be infringed."
Unfortunately, the SCOTUS has repeatedly held that the government can "infringe" on the RKBA, through regulations, restrictions, and even outright bans.

For that matter, there are a number of folks who consider themselves to be pro-2A, but who also want some "infringements" by government on the RKBA. If you ask the right questions, you'd probably find some of them in 68forums.

Adding Assault Weapons, now you're opening a whole new box.
Exactly! BTW I didn't do it the Government did. The Commies who have infiltrated our country love twisting language to augment their lies and deception.
Liberals and Commies did not create the "assault weapons" term. It was coined by gun guys.

·
Super Moderator
12,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What you fail to comprehend is that "assault rifle" is not a label created by Liberal anti-gun people. It is a term used by authors and subject matter experts to identify a class of small arms that have certain characteristics. The term is also used as nomenclature by some of the world's military forces; for example, the Mk17 SCAR (Special Operations Forces Combat Assault Rifle).

Liberals and Commies did not create the "assault weapons" term. It was coined by gun guys.

You seem to be missing the point Stan. Most, nearly all of the "ARs" in civilian possession are not select fire and therefore not the "Assault Rifle" that all those gun guys are talking about. When used to describe the common AR15 the term is being erroneously used by the left to add a component of fear to an otherwise very popular and useful rifle that is no more dangerous than a common 12Ga bird gun or even the double barrel shotgun that our genius "president" says is all we need

·
Registered
187 Posts
@stanc - You've posted three times to this thread, and it seems that your primary concern is that forum members accept the gun guys/academic definition of an assault rifle as being the only correct way of understanding the use of the word 'assault' in the context of firearms. California's legislation (the topic of this thread) doesn't hold to that definition, so why should we?

The closest you get to stating an opinion regarding the original post is to say, "Nevertheless, it's good to get such a ruling". Do you fall into the group that you believe exists here "who also want some "infringements" by government on the RKBA"?

So, what is your point? Recreational trolling?

·
Registered
173 Posts
The original assault weapons ban was put up by Diane Feinstein years ago but from what I've heard, she in in a position where she can't even remember her own name so the rest of the liberals pushed the ban. And last I heard, she has a "handler" that goes with her wherever she goes so she doesn't say something she shouldn't. Kinda like Slo Joe not answering questions from the press? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
191 Posts
@stanc - You've posted three times to this thread, and it seems that your primary concern is that forum members accept the gun guys/academic definition of an assault rifle as being the only correct way of understanding the use of the word 'assault' in the context of firearms. California's legislation (the topic of this thread) doesn't hold to that definition, so why should we?

The closest you get to stating an opinion regarding the original post is to say, "Nevertheless, it's good to get such a ruling". Do you fall into the group that you believe exists here "who also want some "infringements" by government on the RKBA"?

So, what is your point? Recreational trolling?
I blocked that troll long ago. I just wish his messages didn't show up when people quote his inane ramblings.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Just to clarify , do you agree with most of us that the AR 15 style pistol / carbine / rifle are not assult rifles because of the simple fact they are not select fire r do you believe the AR semi automatic is an assult rifle / pistol / carbine ?

Sent from my LM-K920 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.