6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
The article is incorrect. Vista Outdoors owns Federal and just acquired Remington. Maybe the quality of Remington's ammo will go up.

·
Super Moderator
11,888 Posts
So then how is the article incorrect? It says that Vista Outdoors, the parent company for Federal is buying Remington's ammo assets?

·
Registered
13,928 Posts
I'm guessing Federal is buying it just to keep someone else from buying it and competing. Otherwise why would Federal want Remington?

·
Super Moderator
11,888 Posts
I'm guessing Federal is buying it just to keep someone else from buying it and competing. Otherwise why would Federal want Remington?
More production equipment? More facilities?

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
A group acquiring multiple brands is not unusual. Federal is an asset of Vista Outdoors and can be sold as Vista sees fit. Federal is not the company nor the bank account that is doing the bidding plus I am certain that if it were Federal that there could be antitrust issues. I am glad to see it being bailed out not not going under and away. Remington Arms has been an intricate part of our history. I actually had Remington as a shooting sponsor in the late 80s before Federal lured me away.

·
Super Moderator
11,888 Posts
A group acquiring multiple brands is not unusual. Federal is an asset of Vista Outdoors and can be sold as Vista sees fit. Federal is not the company nor the bank account that is doing the bidding plus I am certain that if it were Federal that there could be antitrust issues. I am glad to see it being bailed out not not going under and away. Remington Arms has been an intricate part of our history. I actually had Remington as a shooting sponsor in the late 80s before Federal lured me away.
No one said it was. The article stated that Vista Outdoors, parent company of Federal ammunition was buying Remington's ammunition assets and you said the article was incorrect. How so?

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
My bad! I should have said the title to the thread was incorrect! I did read it and said the thing that I did not type! Got my mind on buying some property up in Montana after a long day of finishing the wife's greenhouse here in Idaho.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts