6.8 SPC Forums banner

Falkor (used to be SI)

5K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  crayj 
#1 ·
just got off the phone with Falkor, ordered stuff for a 308, now i must patiently await an 18" ARP barrel,,,i hate waiting

#4 ·
I have some matched billets from SI defense and they are amazing.
They got acquired by Nemo arms but for some reason ended up as Falkor ...not sure the whole story.
But if they are anything like in the past any parts should be of very good quality.
I know SI was originally part of Sunjay industrial and lots of vets worked there.
Sunjay has very good machining and make parts for the airforce jets among other things.

#7 ·
here's the skinny on the renaming of the company, this from a blurb they put out about an SBR they intorduced

"Sonju Industrial is an aerospace and defense company that has been manufacturing and assembling aerospace parts since 2001. Nearly a decade ago, Sonju Industrial created a sister-company, SI-Defense, to manufacture firearms using the same methodologies and processes that set Sonju Industrial as a leader in the aerospace and defense industries. On July 4th, 2015, SI-Defense will rebrand itself as, "FALKOR Defense."

#8 ·
That is what I know about Sonju (sorry misspelled above) but what I don't know is the whole fiasco with Nemo and their hyper expensive rich people setups.
I am ok to pay a bit more for a nice billet, perhaps the best in the market at least at the time but what Nemo did was first try to get the SI brand buried that was a bad bad move because they
didn't realize the huge following they had in civil market as well as military loyalists.
I don't really have a clue what really happened in that move but whoever was behind that business plan was clueless about how this works.
Companies own the brands but at the same time the enthusiasts "co-own" their brands and if you piss off enough of them you will feel the heat.
They even made a titanium carbine to show off the machining capabilities for the modest price of 10,000 dollars. lol

Bottom line it seems they have the same great quality stuff coming out from Montana that is what it matters.

#9 ·
i should have the stuff in hand next week sometime, i'll post some pix of it when i do. but i'm waiting on an ARP barrel, so will be awhile before it goes bang

#10 · (Edited)
hmmm, the youtube announcement is dated 2011, the company blurb is dated 2015. strange

i spoke with Josh Clark, executive director, he responded a message i sent thru their site about the rails. told me to call him and he'd fix me up

#12 · (Edited)
wow! just finished putting the Falkor Defense 308 together. this has been the hardest build i've ever done, it's still patent pending and i have a very low serial number. everything fits tight, i mean super tight. i didn't think i was ever going to get the barrel installed, today after i got it done i called them and offered a few suggestions for build it yourself folks. the CS person said even their smiths talk about how tight the barrels fit, they use heat on the upper to install. i pounded on it with a 4 pound rubber coated mallet and finally got it to where the nut would pull it into final position...i thought my freaking arm was gonna fall off. the hammer pin is a hassle to put in and a tad short. here's the list of parts;

1 Falkor matched upper/lower/rail fully ambi lower
2. Ballistic Advantage 18" barrel
3. ARP Vortex muzzle device will change it to a JAL when they have some stock
4. Superlative Arms adjustable gas block
5. FailZero BCG
6. Falkor LPk
7. PSA enhanced trigger and hammer
8. Armalite A2 stock/extension/buffer

no sights or optics yet, thinking 4x12 Nikon. I thinks it's a nice looking rifle, hope it shoots good, but i wouldn't build another one. i'll wait for Mega to get some Matens in the pipeline

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.