6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
14,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all know fakebook will eventually get around to banning all firearm and conservative groups. To make a place for other to discuss cartridges, loads, builds etc I started "AR Performance" on mewe. There is already a "6.8 SPC" group started by Rob McMullen.

·
Registered
8,833 Posts
Probably need to get a mewe account right now before mewe disappears.

·
Registered
63 Posts
You had to see it coming. As far as Fakebook, you should have known that when you can leave but " incase " you want to come back they will keep your info on file.

·
Registered
5,475 Posts
Is your group private or open? I don't see it when I search.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Their search algorithms need alot of work, hard to find anything. Best way I have seen is for someone who is already a member to post invite link.

·
Registered
14,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is your group private or open? I don't see it when I search.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
You have to join but it should show up under "groups"

·
Registered
871 Posts
I just did a search and it didn't show up. I did find the 6.8SPC group.

·
Registered
473 Posts

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Daniel

"You've been weighed in the balance and been found wanting...." (paraphrased)

·
Registered
311 Posts
Is there a back-up of the whole "68Forums" website? If the time comes, could it be reconstructed in its entirety on an another hosting server?

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
Is there a back-up of the whole "68Forums" website? If the time comes, could it be reconstructed in its entirety on an another hosting server?
It probably gets backed up daily if the host is worth it's $$$

·
Super Moderator
12,047 Posts
I found your page on MeWe but it seems to be set up like an individual page and I had to send a contact request. Never got a reply.

·
Registered
311 Posts
It probably gets backed up daily if the host is worth it's $$$
I get that, but its like the fox taking care of the hen house. The daily/weekly backup needs to be off-loaded to a personal & secure location independent of hosting service. JIMHO

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
I get that, but its like the fox taking care of the hen house. The daily/weekly backup needs to be off-loaded to a personal & secure location independent of hosting service. JIMHO
I agree and once again, the backup can be set to go ANYWHERE the owner wants it to if again, the host is worth a _
I used to download my Vbulletin sites to my computer once a month, and all you lost was a months worth of posts...
Any good CPANEL that the Admin/Owner can get to will do the job with no problem.
Besides, it will be unusual that the HOST would NOT allow you to get to your content (that may even be unlawful) what they would do is not allow your Domain to connect to your content, which is what I believe happened to AR15. Godaddy would no longer HOST the site, meaning they disconnected the DNS from their domain name... the content should still be there and they can try to Migrate to who ever will have them, then point the DNS to the new IP

1 - 20 of 26 Posts