6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I haven't shot my 6.8 in a long time. Not much at all actually the whole time I've owned it. RL seems to have given me more responsibility than i planned for, lol. But I've recently pulled it out of the safe and decided I want to shoot more. All the ammo I had was original SSA ammo. I've discovered Nosler now owns them, so I'm not sure whether they are a good round anymore or not.
The gun has maybe 100 rounds thru it. It is a AR setup with a 16" Ko-tonics barrel with 1:11 twist. I bought 3 different types of SSA ammo originally to test in my gun, and the 110gr Barnes TSX shot the most accurately at that time. I'll be shooting hogs primarily, and a coyote any chance i get also. I'm sure there are many bullets that will effectively send a pig to heaven, but I need some guidance on what manufacturers are currently putting out quality, accurate rounds in factory loads. I'm a pretty good shot, so all i really need is ammo that will hit where I point it. I like fast, accurate ammo, but not sure if any of the 85/90 grain bullets are good matches with my barrel set up or not, the 110 shot well back then, so I'm def not opposed to staying in that range if it would be better. I'm a fan of V-max bullets in my AR-15 .223 24" BBL, but again, not sure if those are a good 6.8 round to try or not these days.
I believe as was a member at the previous version of this website, but may have only lurked at that time.
Thanks in advance for any help. If you need more info from me, please feel free to ask anything at all.

AL

·
Administrator
22,085 Posts
Lay an eyeball on Hornady's 120 SST for the 6.8. Many hogs have died from that round.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Give the federal xm68gd ammo a try. My buddy's kotonics barrel loves them. They are very accurate in that rig and are inexpensive when caught on sale.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank guys for the recommendations. Ordered some SSts a cpl days ago. Will prolly try the Federals too. Appreciate it. Wanna get a few to test against each other.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.