6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
I just bought a couple hundred rounds from Druid Hill Armory. My LGS usually has black label Hornady at the minimum on the shelves most days too

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just checked out Druid Hill Armory"s website, they"re sold out now, but looks like a solid company, I'll check back there. Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
380 Posts
What? You mean you can actually "buy" factory 6.8 ammo?
Geez! The last time I looked for 6.8 ammo, I found one, single, box of 6.5G ammo on the store shelf.
...and it was the only store that reliably carried 6.8 ammo with any consistency.
...and 6.8mm bullets on a store shelf? You can forget that! Order them or do without!
I live in an ammo, component vacuum! LOL!

·
Registered
10 Posts
The fact that we are seeing factory ammunition is currently bidding as high as 3$ per round for SSTs is crazy. I kept refreshing new ad listings and managed to pick up 460 varied factory rounds for about .90 cents a round on buy it now price last week so it is available if you keep your eyes out. I also picked up some Druid Hill Armory ammo while it was in stock. I spoke to the owner of Druid Hill on potential pressure issues with the rounds being loaded hot and he was extremely helpful; also mentioned he doesn't believe in price gouging. Seems to me like browsing around at some LGS is probably the best bet right now overall.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
There is currently a country wide shortage of ALL ammo. You will find odd ball calibers on the shelves of LGS but finding a specific caliber or load will be pure luck. Three or four weeks ago I found 6.8 ammo on the shelf at a Sportsman's Warehouse store but haven't been back to see what they might have now. All ammo and components are currently in short supply due to the estimated 5 million new gun owners and many old gun owners deciding it was time to start reloading or to stock up on components.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts