·
Registered
13,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
13,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I try out a lot of things every year, I have to say this is my purchase of the year right here. I changed all of my pistol sights to ghost ring which helped but the brace above makes 50yd headshots possible and I can't even tell it's on the pistol in the holster. If things continue to go as they are I have no doubt they will stop all braces from being sold especially if the democrats take over next year. Buying everything I may need while I can.

·
Registered
13,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Examining the Pistol Brace's Future as the ATF Hunts the Honey Badger
All of the ATF rulings and law changes will be a fight for years to come. I believe many will be grandfathered in but production and sale stopped.
Originally the SBR law was to prevent high power rifles from being sawed off and concealed same as a shot gun. IMO any common pistol caliber firearm should never be a SBR regardless of configuration. Making a pistol longer by adding a brace is completely backwards of the original intent of the law.
As time goes on products are made and some are really good ideas. Many will only be made for a few years for one reason or another. My thought is buy them while I can.
On the other side, I do not own one AR pistol with a brace. I tried a few but honestly a 5.56 or 300 BO does not recoil enough to make me think they are needed. I can cheek an AR pistol and shoot as well as I could with any brace.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
What should be and what is are usually two different things when dealing with the .gov

AFAIK, the ATF gets their shorts in a knot over 13.5" length of pull. When measured parallel to the bore line like the ATF says to, the honey badger is 13 3/8, making it a pistol, The Boston office measured it at an angle from the trigger to the highest point on the stock, which is 13 9/16, and called it a rifle. 🤦 They also don't distinguish between calibers at all.

What's the LOP on that stock? Part of me wants one for a glock 26 with fun sticks, just because.

·
Registered
13,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

1 - 8 of 8 Posts