Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Per AR Performance website:
Quote:

"6.8Xtreme - $649.00 options listed below
EXACTLY what every one has been waiting for from
AR Performance and Titan Armory

Place your Xtreme order by sending an email
to [email protected] please use "09Xtreme"
in the subject and include name and phone number for a call back.

Orders placed in Feb. should ship in May."

I sent an email per instructions. I did not see an update here on 68Forums?

Michael

· Premium Member
11,775 Posts
The first month was a pre-sale for 68 Forum members, now we will start advertising other places.
I think we will have to change things in a few weeks to call in orders only, the email is getting out of hand.
EDIT- Sorry guys but I need to stop this now, it is getting out of hand. We are getting 3, 4, 6 emails from every person and the email is just not going to work, it takes too long to answer all of these especially when some don't look at the options before they email. Starting Feb 23rd we will begin taking phone orders only please look at the option list on our respective websites, the 2 uppers shown are what they look like.
choose 1 float tube
choose 1 flash hider
choose 1 gas block or flip sight not both.

· Registered
1,509 Posts
I spend 3+ hrs a day on emails and most of it is weeding thru email that are the basic info that is plainly visible on the web sites.

As anyone that has been on this site for long knows I am rarely ever short on words to say :shock: :wink: :p and am always willing to help people in just about any way I can and be as thorough as need be to make sure people have a full understanding about whatever the topic is. Might even call it a bit excessive at times ( all the time). :mrgreen:

By far the people from this site are awesome and I have to say some of the best people I have had the pleasure of meeting on line. This site seems to attract the best people. It is truly my online home. I have gotten so many words of thanks and encouragement from those that have pre-ordered and even those that haven't but still say thanks. How can you beat that!?! Unfortunately some people can stall things and likely not intentionally. I ask and am sure I speak for Constructor as well, that before a person sends an email asking questions, that at the very least read the 6.8 Xtreme page on my site @ http://www.titanarmory.net/id69.html or the one on Constructors site @ http://www.ar15performance.com/6_8_spc It wasn't a big deal when there was only 10-15 a day but now its getting to the point I am getting overwhelmed.

The top few:

Are we still taking pre-orders: NO

Will we do custom options or install parts you purchase : NO

What are the specs of the upper and or its various parts? http://www.titanarmory.net/id69.html & http://www.ar15performance.com/6_8_spc I have even added links to all the manufacture pages of the parts so you can read what they have to say about them and if not at least a picture of it is linked.

Checking on any updates on the pre-orders?: Once we have everything we will be contacting the first sets of pre-orders in the number order to finalize the options they want.

There is one thing that has happen only twice so far and that I will not tolerate: I have gotten a couple of emails from people trying to scam their way onto the pre-order list. If you want to find a sure fire way to ensure you never get ANYTHING, EVER, from either myself or Constructor well that would be it. Forgetting about the countless hours I spend trying to find your missing order and thinking I somehow screwed up it is screwing it up for the people that did things right and in the proper time limits should you get aways with it. One of them being delayed in getting their upper is what burns me the most and that I will not tolerate. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Things are starting to come together now and as most know we are working on the test barrels from the initial lot and will hopefully have some with CL to test very soon. Trust me when I say no matter how anxious any of your are to see uppers being produced it doesn't hold a candle to the level C and I are at. We have countless hours working on making this project a reality and has been a dream and goal of min for a long time. The abuse C has taken having to endure the endless phone calls damn near nightly take his commitment and investment to a endeavor to a whole other level. :twisted: Gitmo has nothing on that. :p

· Registered
1,769 Posts
Keep up the good work guys...

and get some sleep :lol:

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
constructor said:
The first month was a pre-sale for 68 Forum members, now we will start advertising other places.
I think we will have to change things in a few weeks to call in orders only, the email is getting out of hand.
Constructor and Tim, thanks for all the work that you both have done. I'm as anxious as others as well. Per instructions on AR Performance website I placed an order for the 09Extreme with name an phone number. The way the website reads to me that the orders are open. If I have misread or mispoken I apologize.

I know everyone is anxious to receive this upper I am just as anxious to get on a list for this upper.

Thanks for time and effort.

Michael

· Registered
31 Posts
I would also like to express my appreciation to TIm and Harrison for the time and effort they are putting into this. They even saved me...I was almost baffled by the Grendel bs, but now I see the SPC light.
Justin

· Premium Member
11,775 Posts
G3Ranch said:
constructor said:
Constructor and Tim, thanks for all the work that you both have done. I'm as anxious as others as well. Per instructions on AR Performance website I placed an order for the 09Extreme with name an phone number. The way the website reads to me that the orders are open. If I have misread or mispoken I apologize.

I know everyone is anxious to receive this upper I am just as anxious to get on a list for this upper.

Michael
Michael, I am taking orders again, just haven't talked to Tim in a few days.
I have no doubt now that the barrels will come through since I have 2 I am testing and US chrome has a crate full at their facility.
When this idea started I called everyone I was doing business with and talked to them about supplies and building custom barrels to our spec, they ALL said "no problem we can do it". About a month later STAG/CMT said "sorry can't help you",so much for their word. Lothar is 6 weeks behind what they originally told me, I do get port doors and some small parts from DPMS and for a while they would not sell ANY parts so my vendors were dropping like flies and I was unsure we could get the parts to build these uppers. YHM stepped up and kept parts rolling through this initial gun scare buying spree, they are a huge company that makes most of Bushmasters parts, their quality is good and affordable, it may not be as fancy as DD, or larue but the parts are well made at a good price. The receivers on the Xtreme will now be the same as Bushmaster made by YHM. Bolts and carriers have been the big problem from day 1, CMT and their retail co. Stag really screwed me up, the guys at CMT will not return emails, calls or even respond to purchase orders, they are on the top of my shit list. I talked to a few other companies that contract DOD carriers and bolts from Colt and FN and for a month thought I was going to buy some at the back door. Colt and FN started screaming about these guys not keeping up with the contract demands so that option ended pretty quick. I am having to buy 1 part here and 1 part there just to get everything, the prices are higher and thats why the price of the Xtreme went up to 649.00 on all new orders. This has been much more difficult than I thought it would be, the gun scare is 10 times crazier than I thought it would be but, I see a light at the end of the tunnel so we are moving ahead.

· Registered
98 Posts
G3Ranch said:

Michael
+100

· Registered
301 Posts
Thanks Harrison and Tim for your commitment. Both of you are passionate about this project and I think this will show in the end product. Your passion is also contagious; need any volunteer help?

· Registered
2,179 Posts
Tim_W said:
I spend 3+ hrs a day on emails and most of it is weeding thru email that are the basic info that is plainly visible on the web sites.

As anyone that has been on this site for long knows I am rarely ever short on words to say :shock: :wink: :p and am always willing to help people in just about any way I can and be as thorough as need be to make sure people have a full understanding about whatever the topic is. Might even call it a bit excessive at times ( all the time). :mrgreen:

By far the people from this site are awesome and I have to say some of the best people I have had the pleasure of meeting on line. This site seems to attract the best people. It is truly my online home. I have gotten so many words of thanks and encouragement from those that have pre-ordered and even those that haven't but still say thanks. How can you beat that!?! Unfortunately some people can stall things and likely not intentionally. I ask and am sure I speak for Constructor as well, that before a person sends an email asking questions, that at the very least read the 6.8 Xtreme page on my site @ http://www.titanarmory.net/id69.html or the one on Constructors site @ http://www.ar15performance.com/6_8_spc It wasn't a big deal when there was only 10-15 a day but now its getting to the point I am getting overwhelmed.

The top few:

Are we still taking pre-orders: NO

Will we do custom options or install parts you purchase : NO

What are the specs of the upper and or its various parts? http://www.titanarmory.net/id69.html & http://www.ar15performance.com/6_8_spc I have even added links to all the manufacture pages of the parts so you can read what they have to say about them and if not at least a picture of it is linked.

Checking on any updates on the pre-orders?: Once we have everything we will be contacting the first sets of pre-orders in the number order to finalize the options they want.

There is one thing that has happen only twice so far and that I will not tolerate: I have gotten a couple of emails from people trying to scam their way onto the pre-order list. If you want to find a sure fire way to ensure you never get ANYTHING, EVER, from either myself or Constructor well that would be it. Forgetting about the countless hours I spend trying to find your missing order and thinking I somehow screwed up it is screwing it up for the people that did things right and in the proper time limits should you get aways with it. One of them being delayed in getting their upper is what burns me the most and that I will not tolerate. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Things are starting to come together now and as most know we are working on the test barrels from the initial lot and will hopefully have some with CL to test very soon. Trust me when I say no matter how anxious any of your are to see uppers being produced it doesn't hold a candle to the level C and I are at. We have countless hours working on making this project a reality and has been a dream and goal of min for a long time. The abuse C has taken having to endure the endless phone calls damn near nightly take his commitment and investment to a endeavor to a whole other level. :twisted: Gitmo has nothing on that. :p
OK, Tim and Harrison, I think I have a solution to your problem. It seems that you need a male secretary who is able to spend a few hours a day answering easy email, corralating info and orders, and handling misc stuff. My solution... Look below

Will work for gun parts! hehe, but no seriously.... will work for gun parts! I do appreciate all the work and research you guys have done for us. I am truly ecxcited to get my Xtreme upper, just wish I would be stamped Titan Armory, and have my serial number stamped...... #00002 hehe. if yall ever do need any gutter basic help with anything, feel free to ask.

· Registered
312 Posts
constructor said:
EDIT- Sorry guys but I need to stop this now, it is getting out of hand. We are getting 3, 4, 6 emails from every person and the email is just not going to work, it takes too long to answer all of these especially when some don't look at the options before they email. Starting Feb 23rd we will begin taking phone orders only please look at the option list on our respective websites, the 2 uppers shown are what they look like.
choose 1 float tube
choose 1 flash hider
choose 1 gas block or flip sight not both.

Okay, am I understanding you correctly; the pre-ordering system didn't work, and starting Feb 23, it's first come, first served?

· Registered
5,565 Posts
You guys may have to become the "soup nazi" from Seinfeld.
Customer:
a. Read the website before asking questions or placing orders.
b. If you have problems with reading comprehension, have a friend read to you.
c. Order based on what you just read. There's nothing hiding between the lines. Those are the barrels, receivers, bolt carrier groups, gas blocks, sights, rails, and options available. Period. If you want something else, buy something else, or do it yourself.
d. If you deviate from the above... no Xtreme for you, or go to the back of the line, depending on the mood of Constructor or Tim_W at the time.
e. There is a line ahead of you, and a potential wait that will depend on parts availability. If you can't wait, perhaps DPMS or Model 1 sales can help you. Good Luck with that.

Thanks for your patronage. May the peace of the universe pervade your soul, and may your aim be true and your cause just. :D

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ArtFWTx said:
Customer:
c. Order based on what you just read. There's nothing hiding between the lines. Those are the barrels, receivers, bolt carrier groups, gas blocks, sights, rails, and options available. Period. If you want something else, buy something else, or do it yourself.
d. If you deviate from the above... no Xtreme for you, or go to the back of the line, depending on the mood of Constructor or Tim_W at the time.
e. There is a line ahead of you, and a potential wait that will depend on parts availability. If you can't wait, perhaps DPMS or Model 1 sales can help you. Good Luck with that.

Thanks for your patronage. May the peace of the universe pervade your soul, and may your aim be true and your cause just. :D
Damn, all I did was to ask a question if the orders were open are not. 2 different websites saying different stuff. I did follow directions per ARPerformance website. I sent only one email. I know exactly what I want. Constructor answered my questions per this forum.
Thanks Constructor for answering my question or questions. I know you guys are just blasted with email and phone calls. I appreciate the work that you guys have done in actually creating this 6.8 to the standard in needs to be.

I started this post and I apologize, but I don't and some of these members don't need the BS from the above quote.
Constructor I did send you an Email for the requirement to purchase this extreme: (Michael S. Long) I will be calling you on the 23 of FEB 2009 to place an order.

Constructor thanks for the help and feedback. Tim also thanks.

Michael

· Registered
3,086 Posts
G3Ranch said:
ArtFWTx said:
Customer:

Damn, all I did was to ask a question if the orders were open are not. 2 different websites saying different stuff. I did follow directions per ARPerformance website. I sent only one email. I know exactly what I want. Constructor answered my questions per this forum.
Thanks Constructor for answering my question or questions. I know you guys are just blasted with email and phone calls. I appreciate the work that you guys have done in actually creating this 6.8 to the standard in needs to be.

I started this post and I apologize, but I don't and some of these members don't need the BS from the above quote.
Constructor I did send you an Email for the requirement to purchase this extreme: (Michael S. Long) I will be calling you on the 23 of FEB 2009 to place an order.

Michael
Michael, they are just joking around with you. :D :D :D

· Premium Member
11,775 Posts
The preorder call list went fine and we have all of the names and contact info. That list is in order, as soon as we get build sheets made up for everyone on that list and the parts arrive we will start building and shipping to those on the list.
Those that were able to open the attachment from the email please fill it out and send it back.
Those that could not open the attachment can call in starting Feb 23rd and we will fill out the build sheet and take the payment info over the phone.
Also on Feb 23rd we will start taking new orders by phone only, all orders will be processed in order. I still have one custom that must go out to Charles Walden if I have to take an Xtreme apart to do it.
The barrage of emails just killed us, there were people with the email address but have never seen this site or mine, they have no idea of the options or any thing else. I could have easily spent all day answering emails and not building 1 single rifle, that's just not going to work. I may hog hunt this next week end so Monday the 23rd will be the first full week we can start this. Sorry for all of the confusion, we just weren't expecting this kind of response.
Bushmaster can handle 5000 rifles a month we can't.

· Premium Member
11,775 Posts
ArtFWTx said:
Customer:

For some reason I can understand the humor in that :lol: :lol:

· Premium Member
11,775 Posts
G3Ranch said:
ArtFWTx said:
Customer:

Michael
No problem Michael, I do have your order. Thanks
We just need to work out the bugs so we can handle this as efficently as possible. Donna will take the orders and answer sales questions as to what is in stock and which parts will work with each other. I will take care of the more technical questions and manage the assembly and manufacturing.
BTW most of the guys here joke around a lot like a bunch friends on line so get use to it.

8,980 Posts
E-mail with worksheet filled out sent (only one). I figure if I can get through Cold's group buy correctly I can get through anyone's :lol: :lol:

· Premium Member
11,775 Posts
spoonxman said:
Sorry for the hijack,
constructor said:
I still have one custom that must go out to Charles Walden if I have to take an Xtreme apart to do it.
:D :D :D
Sorry, It's been a long time, I have not received 1 single BCG or extension since I talked to you but Armalite did say they had some in stock and took my order so there is a glimmer of hope.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.