6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to the current state of affairs, I've decided to get some 80% lowers. Most are out of stock, but EP Armory has 80% polymer lowers for $35 each. Has anyone used these?

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Due to the current state of affairs, I've decided to get some 80% lowers. Most are out of stock, but EP Armory has 80% polymer lowers for $35 each. Has anyone used these?
Haven't used EP's 80%'s, what a price! That's a 100 bucks cheaper than the JMT's that I like...

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
I ordered a couple. We'll see if they're any good.
Interesting website, please post your results. I didn't see any jigs/stickers mentioned for the 308 80%s. I wouldn't mind trying the billet alum ar10. Building a 45 looks pretty interesting as well.

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Those jig stickers interest me. Looks like a router would work well for the job.

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
Are these made with reinforcing metal inserts or 100% plastic?

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Those jig stickers interest me. Looks like a router would work well for the job.
Interesting, tho it's comforting for me to have the piece clamped in a jig in a cross-slide vise, under a drill press. Free-handing with a router would be a little dicey for me, and I love finish work. Their jig looks good for another 50 bucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Interesting, tho it's comforting for me to have the piece clamped in a jig in a cross-slide vise, under a drill press. Free-handing with a router would be a little dicey for me, and I love finish work. Their jig looks good for another 50 bucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Was going to order the jig, but it said unavailable. I'll keep checking though.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have built the EP poly lowers. No problems yet. There is no metal reinforcement.

I used the Blitzkrieg Tactical Jig. The Grip screw hole is not tapped. I just self taped it with the grip screw.

And after drilling the safety selector hole I had to file the hole a little more due to the poly flexing around the drill bit.

I had to file a little to get the upper to fit, the Fwd curve of the Buffer tower had to be sanded a little so the upper would slide back enough for the takedown pins would line up.

have about 200 rds of 6.8 thru it no problems yet.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Here you go.. this link: http://jamesmadisontactical.com/308-80-polymer-lower/ I know Dan and Scott and they also built the Viper Jet from spage age polymer. This is reinforced and possible the best non-metal lower for .308 or AR-15 out there. I have one in 6.8 SPC and it is my most accurate lower for shooting on my upper. Good products and excellent service.

·
Registered
8,932 Posts
I have built the EP poly lowers. No problems yet. There is no metal reinforcement.

I used the Blitzkrieg Tactical Jig. The Grip screw hole is not tapped. I just self taped it with the grip screw.

And after drilling the safety selector hole I had to file the hole a little more due to the poly flexing around the drill bit.

I had to file a little to get the upper to fit, the Fwd curve of the Buffer tower had to be sanded a little so the upper would slide back enough for the takedown pins would line up.

have about 200 rds of 6.8 thru it no problems yet.
This has also been my experience. Little things that need fine tuning.

I use a router with this jig http://www.80percentarms.com/collections/lower-jigs/products/80-ar-15-easy-jig

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lowers came in, and look good. I also ordered their jig, and I'm waiting for it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts