6.8 SPC Forums banner

EOTech Holo Scope Mounting

3K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  Black45 
#1 ·
Will the front sight post on a Bushmaster M3 cause any problems with the sight picture when it is mounted on the upper receiver rail? I was planning on mounting one of these scopes on my M3 6.8 but want to be sure this is all going to work before I buy the scope.

#2 ·
You will be able to see the front sight but it wont be an issue with the eotech, I would also suggest getting a set of BUIS for the rear so if the EOtech goes down, which they dont ussualy, you have irons, especial since you have the front sight up anyways.

#7 ·
I was telling my SGT that aparently we are the only ones that have good working EOTechs and that we should sell them for $2K each since good working EOTechs are so hard to find now-a-days. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

#9 ·
DocGKR said:
Primarily 552's and 553's.

Paul--maybe you guy's don't shoot with them enough!
Actually our SWAT team just went to Connecticut and finished 1st in the state and 3rd out of 36 teams. They shoot all the time and have no problems. We shoot our department ones regularly and they work fine. For our department guns, due to the set-up, Aimpoints would be much better, but we are happy with the results. Either way, they are both great optics and I love both of them.

#10 ·
JAOwens said:
DocGKR said:
We have seen so many EOTECH's break during training this past year, that we now suggest mounting them in the trash can...
Wow Doc I wish you would quit hem-hawing around and just tell us how you really feel. :mrgreen:
What part of the scope is failing? For what these things cost, they should be able to stand up to normal use, which in my case would amount to almost no abuse.

#11 ·
marinesg1012 said:
You will be able to see the front sight but it wont be an issue with the eotech, I would also suggest getting a set of BUIS for the rear so if the EOtech goes down, which they dont ussualy, you have irons, especial since you have the front sight up anyways.
I will look into a rear sight for this weapon. No point in not having it if the front is always going to be there anyway.

#12 ·
I have also used the acogs mounted low with the front sight in the way, it was fuzzy but there. if you look at the retical your suppose to be using it wont bother you.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.