6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm havin a toss up right now between the two. I really want one in desert tan to match my rifle which would mean the 556. With the 552 I cannot get that but it's reasonably cheaper, battle proven, and also seems as though batteries would be easier to come by. Both are night vision compatable. Is their a height difference that would be a difference with my BUIS or what would be the trade-offs from those who use them?

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
I would rather have the 556. It sits higher for a lower 1/3 co-witness, has the buttons on the side, and I prefer the CR123 batteries, which are the same as the weaponlight batteries.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any ideas on the 553 as well? I was thinkin the 556 was available in desert tan as well but it must have been a typo I saw. If the 556 would still be that better of a choice I'll stick with it but it would be nice to match my rifle.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
2006highsierra said:
Any ideas on the 553 as well? I was thinkin the 556 was available in desert tan as well but it must have been a typo I saw. If the 556 would still be that better of a choice I'll stick with it but it would be nice to match my rifle.
It is also nice, but I don't care for the ARMS Mounts.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have a 553 on my Barrett REC7 and really like it. Paulo, I'm curious about why you don't care for the ARMS mounts. They work well for me but you have much more experience than I do or sure.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Black45 said:
I have a 553 on my Barrett REC7 and really like it. Paulo, I'm curious about why you don't care for the ARMS mounts. They work well for me but you have much more experience than I do or sure.
The only real problem with the ARMS mounts is that if the receiver isn't in spec, the EOTech will be loose and there is no way of adjusting the ARMS Mounts. Other than that, they are good mounts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts