6.8 SPC Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Infrared NV is more susceptible to white-out caused by muzzle flash. I think a flash hider helps to some extent. It might help with a longer style installed "upside down"? I don't know if anybody has tried a flash hider upside down. Some Scopes take longer to recover than others. It can affect your ability for follow-up shots.

Most thermal scopes generally have less white-out. Some thermal scopes have virtually no white-out from the shot. Thermal can be affected by the barrel or suppressor heating up after multiple shots and causing white-out to the bottom of the screen until the barrel cools down.

Reactions: sfs13 and Gurka

·
Registered
11 Posts
Infrared NV is more susceptible to white-out caused by muzzle flash. I think a flash hider helps to some extent. It might help with a longer style installed "upside down"? I don't know if anybody has tried a flash hider upside down. Some Scopes take longer to recover than others. It can affect your ability for follow-up shots.

Most thermal scopes generally have less white-out. Some thermal scopes have virtually no white-out from the shot. Thermal can be affected by the barrel or suppressor heating up after multiple shots and causing white-out to the bottom of the screen until the barrel cools down.
I have very little white out with my AGM Rattler, if any. I have a few videos where I take 5-6 shots and there is no white out.

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Does the muzzle device make any difference with NV or thermal? I was thinking about running a thread protector only to keep noise down on my side.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Running a can helps. the NV definitly washes out with an A2. With a break this may be minimized a little since it diverts flash to the sides.

Never seen an issue with thermal but a short barrel with more fireball it might flash but should recover quickly enough for follow up shots. Possible the low end ATN stuff doesnt but i wouldnt recommend them anyway.

·
Registered
81 Posts
My buddy’s Wraith whites out affecting follow up shots. My Super Hogster whited out but not enough to affect follow up shot.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts