6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been way to hot or wet to get any range time, it's august in fl.SO,,I've been putting my normal range time to good use in the garage processing all my brass.Was in the process of finishing up the last batch of the "fired 5" time's bass when I realized I've never read on he forum what sign's to watch for that my brass is at the end of the line. Goes with out saying it need's to get tossed before.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I primarily inspect after going to the range and chuck any split necks. Anything with a ring towards the head gets a bent paperclip stuck in it. I usually shoot multiple calibers during a range session so i can inspect while sorting. Cases with splits make a different sound when they are rattling around. After tumbling, I roll them around on a towel or old tshirt and any questionables get looked at again.

The get checked again during the reloading process.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
I am with you on the heat and rain in FL, the worst year for me ever!

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
I know but Still over 90 daytime...

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know but Still over 90 daytime...
And the only couple o day's when they said it would drop to 90, "which is bearable" for an hr or so.It pour's for two hrs and the ground out at 300 get's swamp like.I don't plan on ever getting stuck out their again. major pain in the ass.Make's for a below average day at the range

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
It's been way to hot or wet to get any range time, it's august in fl.SO,,I've been putting my normal range time to good use in the garage processing all my brass.Was in the process of finishing up the last batch of the "fired 5" time's bass when I realized I've never read on he forum what sign's to watch for that my brass is at the end of the line. Goes with out saying it need's to get tossed before.
Been about the same here in NC. Several days over 100 this summer, and mostly mid to high 90's, with humidity you could cut with a knife. On top of that, I had carpal tunnel surgery a couple weeks ago, and can't even process brass!

Going back to work is looking better all the time!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Please forgive me(I am a Gulf Coast guy too, but here in Bantario, Canuckistan(Ontario Canada) it was a balmy high of 78 with a breeze off Lake Ontario. A great day to ride the Ultra Classic along the Lake for a 100 klicks.

Flame suit on..... Let the flaming begin. Lol

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Been about the same here in NC. Several days over 100 this summer, and mostly mid to high 90's, with humidity you could cut with a knife. On top of that, I had carpal tunnel surgery a couple weeks ago, and can't even process brass!

Going back to work is looking better all the time!
that suck's.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I primarily inspect after going to the range and chuck any split necks. Anything with a ring towards the head gets a bent paperclip stuck in it. I usually shoot multiple calibers during a range session so i can inspect while sorting. Cases with splits make a different sound when they are rattling around. After tumbling, I roll them around on a towel or old tshirt and any questionables get looked at again.

The get checked again during the reloading process.
Sound's cautious,,,and smart.Thanx.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts