6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seeing a lot of electronic earbuds popping up for shooting. Anyone have experience or recommendations?

·
Registered
174 Posts
I currently have the Pro Ears Stealth 28 that I use for hunting and range trips. They replaced my walker razor slim muffs in my bag.

Pros: light weight, don't interfere with cheek weld, not hot and uncomfortable like muffs when extended wearing.

Cons: No infinitely variable volume like my muffs. 3 volume settings. They don't fold down as compact as the muffs due to their rigid behind the neck piece. They're rechargeable, so if they die in the field you can't just swap batteries.

I like them enough that I've got a set of walkers ear buds on order. The walkers don't have the rigid behind the neck piece so they'll pack much smaller.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Tagging in, interested on opinions as well

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have the Walker Silencer ear buds . They have made dove hunting much more enjoyable. Rechargeable but they last several hours and they can recharge from the case that has a built in battery. Much nicer than muffs in that they don’t interfere with cheek weld and much cooler in the summer.

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought the Silencer Blue tooth. First set came broken, I started the return and they sent me another set the next day before I even sent the broken ones back. This set seems alright, have yet to get to the range to shoot my gold, I mean lead bullets out of my firearm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
174 Posts
Nice! I am sure you will like them. I've shot a couple of times with my new walkers earbuds since I got them and they perform well. Mine are not blue tooth though.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
I have the Axil bluetooth ear buds and i really like them they are rechargeable and last all day very comfortable and have good amplification when needed.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I've used a pair of SportEars for years. They were spendy, but work great. Muffs don't work for me on a rifle of shotgun. The stock pushes up the right muff which is not lot of help.

I got them at hunt show (remember those?) and they did a full hearing test and programmed them to fill in the holes in my hearing. I believe Axil owns them now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts