6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have an LMT MRP in the SAMMI chamber with an 18" SS 1:10. I am on the list and awaiting the reamer. I was at the range last night and shooting 3 different commericial loads (SSA PRO Hunter, Hornady V-Max and Hornady BTHP). All of the rounds shot with excellent accuracy and performed flawlessly. I am aware the rounds should be ejecting at 3-4 o'clock. Each of the Hornady rounds were right where they were suppose to be (3 o'clock). However, the SSA was kicking out at 1 o'clock. I am aware of over-gas discussions with regards to this issue. However, my question is two fold; 1) will reaming the chamber to SPC II fix this issue? and 2) will continued shooting as is and ejecting at 1 o'clok cause any damge?

Thanks.

· Registered
3,086 Posts
Mine did the same thing. I cut it down to 14", use the Enhanced Carrier, H3 buffer, Superior Shooting Buffer Spring, and converted it to the SPCII chamber with no help. When I get home i'm sending it ADCO and they are going to plug it and re drill the gas port.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Other than being annoying as hell, is that hurting the gun? Also, does that mean that the SSA ammo is shooting with more pressure?

· Registered
3,086 Posts
Other than being annoying as hell, is that hurting the gun? Also, does that mean that the SSA ammo is shooting with more pressure?
It may wear out the parts a little quicker, but I don't like the way it recoils.
The SSA isn't necessarily hotter, they just use slower powder. If you handload, use H4198 and it will help.

· Registered
445 Posts
I had a 18 inch SS barrel cut down to 14.5 inches.
Reamed the chamber to SPC II, H3 buffer and Wolff Spring and got it to eject to 3oclock with SSA Tactical loads.
It is also an older barrel with 1/2x28 threads.

:cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.