6.8 SPC Forums banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Anybody have thoughts on drop in trigger upgrades? I am thinking 3 lb?
Many choices out there, for a modual style, cmc is a pretty good one. I recently bought a JMT for $70 and it is pretty darn good, much better than rise or larue. If you want a 2 piece trigger the the RRA varmint match leads the pack, combine it with a trigger adjuster and u can take the whole first stage out leaving u with a nice 1.75-2.25 lb pull. RRA can be found for around $80 or so.
POF drop ins are noce and I have a POF enhanced finger placement drop in id be willing to part with (NIB) for dirt cheap! Message me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anybody have thoughts on drop in trigger upgrades? I am thinking 3 lb?
LaRue MBT is affordable and feels lighter than it's 4.5 lbs. Very crisp and repeatable. No creep, little overtravel, and short nice reset. Less than $100 delivered to you.

If you want the best go Trigger Tech. I have the Competition AR trigger. They describe it as like a good 1911 trigger. Very very short take up, maybe a sixteenth of an inch, no creep, crisp break, no perceptible overtravel. Very short reset but enough to make you very happy. Totally consistent. It is 3.5 lbs. Non adjustable.
They have adjustable models, with and without a second stage. They are the Diamond AR models. They adjust down to 1.5 lbs. up to 4 lbs. They are pricey, over $300. They are heavenly. don't know if they are considered drop safe.
Check them out.

They are not paying me anything

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
I have drop-in triggers and I have NiB coated triggers ($49) with the set screw thru the grip modification and can't really tell any difference except in my wallet! A couple of my modified triggers are better than the drop-ins. Just my 2 cents worth

·
Registered
58 Posts
Put me down a another convert to the LaRue MBT. It would be nice if it were a pound lighter to a pound and a half lighter, but there's no better value out there. Also enjoy my Giessle, but not an extra hundred dollars like it. The only drop in I've had is a CMC single stage. It was a solid trigger, but I'm a 2-stage trigger guy. Traded it. The drop in feature didn't make it significantly easier to install.
I just got an Elf trigger, which so far I am not thrilled with as it is single stage. Might just swap it out for an MBT.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Put me down a another convert to the LaRue MBT. It would be nice if it were a pound lighter to a pound and a half lighter, but there's no better value out there. Also enjoy my Giessle, but not an extra hundred dollars like it. The only drop in I've had is a CMC single stage. It was a solid trigger, but I'm a 2-stage trigger guy. Traded it. The drop in feature didn't make it significantly easier to install.
I just got an Elf trigger, which so far I am not thrilled with as it is single stage. Might just swap it out for an MBT.
Try JMT. Easy to install. Pull weight is higher but 0 creep from them. I have 2.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Maybe Dlenzi can clarify if it's a deal breaker if its not a true drop in. My understanding of a drop in is a unit where the hammer and trigger are contained by a housing. The LaRue of course, is not. IMO that's a good thing; probably what makes it $80 instead of $200..
Yes I am looking at a true drop in.

·
Super Moderator
11,757 Posts
Most of the better drop ins run around $120 anyway. Not $200. Only Bill Gazelle would think to charge $250 for an $80 trigger.

·
Registered
201 Posts

Optics Planet has Timney's basic drop in AR trigger for $135.00. Single stage with a 3 lb. pull I believe. You need to buy pins... it doesn't come with them, and don't forget to lock them down with the set screws or they will fall out.

·
Registered
4 Posts

Just bought this for mine. Haven’t got to shoot since it’s been installed. Virtually no creep and nice crisp break. Can’t wait to shoot some rounds with it.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Check out the link in post below.
for a good scientific comparison of multiple triggers

Keep in ming the Trigger tech and AR gold are both somewhat 2 stage triggers by design
I really like my velocity triggers. Basically a timney without the price.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I think the JMT's run about $95. Its a 3-4.5 lbs trigger. I like a little heavier pull than most. Still there is so little creep in them I cant feel any. A little over travel, but good audible reset.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have to concur with Ratdog, I have used two of the CMC drop in 3.5 lb triggers, (LGS did not have the 2.5's) a curved one in the big 6, and the flat one in the 6.8 pistol. They were spendy but they break clean with no creep at all and could not be easier to install. Excellent piece of kit.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
41 - 57 of 57 Posts