6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have a Rise Armament SA 140, I believe that is what it is. I have 2 private label that were supposed to be made by RA and I love all 3. The private label versions were about $89 and the RA was on sale for $109, I think and came with pins that don't work out.

·
Registered
37 Posts
IMO, the Larue MBT-2S is the best value on the market. They're $80, and I can't tell the difference between the Larue and a Geissele SSA-E. They're 4.5lbs, but that's split between the two stages (2.5lb first stage, 2lb second stage).

If you prefer a single stage, POF is pretty good, as is CMC.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
IMO, the Larue MBT-2S is the best value on the market. They're $80, and I can't tell the difference between the Larue and a Geissele SSA-E. They're 4.5lbs, but that's split between the two stages (2.5lb first stage, 2lb second stage).

+1 on that, really like the Larue, esp at that price

·
Super Moderator
5,962 Posts
I’ve never been a fan of 2 stage triggers however, after purchasing 2 Larue MBT’s and installing them in my SBR’s I’ve come to really like them. Especially hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have two MBT2S triggers, but bought them before the the price went down. I have two SSA, and one SSA-E Giesseles. Came up on Garands and M14, two stage triggers suit me well. Plus, Bill Giessele is a good salesman, so I have heard!

·
Super Moderator
11,729 Posts
OP asked about drop in triggers. I don't believe that any of the two stage triggers mentioned are considered "drop in". I always understood "drop in" to mean the self contained one peice units. Just my thoughts though.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am a Larue MBT convert, specifically the 2S. To my subjective trigger finger they fit right between the Geissele SSA and SSA-E, but are a third the price. The last three triggers I have purchased have all been Larue MBT-2S.

I wouldn't probably run one in a dedicated target rig as they are a bit heavy compared with others...but they are fantastic hunting/tactical triggers. Since I mentally take up the first stage every time before I fire on game, I love their predictability and the fact that I'm not going to 'prematurely discharge' when my finger registers the trigger.

·
Super Moderator
21,521 Posts
CMC Single Stage, curved 2.5# suits me just fine. I'm spoiled with good 1911 and good Remington 700 triggers... not to mention my BP rigs with set triggers.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have the Rise Armament 140 in my hunting rifle. I like it. Have only ran it for one season, so will have to see if it continues to work well.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I have rise armament, CMC, velocity, trigger tech and pof. My favorites are the velocity’s and the trigger tech which is an adjustable sorta two stage drop in.

·
Registered
190 Posts
+1 on LaRue MBT 2S, only one I'll buy from now on though not a drop in as noted.

Put together a 5.56 for my nephew and we took it out for its maiden voyage today. He bought a base model Timney single stage drop in with a 3 lb. pull. I have to admit it has a nice clean break, however, any lapse in concentration on your trigger control and it will double. He had it happen twice. To date I haven't had a double with my LaRue and it breaks on the second stage under 3 lbs.

·
Registered
346 Posts

EVERY AND I MEAN EVERY MSR RIFLE i BUILT HAS THIS TRIGGER. ITS CONSISTENT AND RELIABLE. THE SRT IS RIDICULOUSLY PERFECT!!!! sorry for the caps, I was euphoric when I read this lol

1 - 20 of 42 Posts