6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a Ko-Tonics 6.8 barrel back in December of 06. I selected the parts and assembled the rifle myself. My reason for going to 6.8 was based on cost and avaibility of parts, parts selection and the most important, better terminal performance than 5.56. I like the AR platform and wanted a larger caliber cartridge without going to 7.62. Not wanting 7.62 is partly due to the fact that if my wife should need the rifle in a moment of need, 7.62 would over power her.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yup, same here...

I was never a fan of the 5.56 and I tried going to the 7.62x39 and ended up with a lemon upper. I was an early adopter of the 6.8mm and have been hooked ever since. Also with most major manufacturers producing a 6.8, I can confidently say that this round isn't going anywhere.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Orion, this round isn't going anywhere?, I know just a play on words, it's definitely going somewhere and picking up speed. :twisted:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hmm... after re-reading my post I get your point. I mean 'it's not going to disappear'. I freakin' love this round!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would agree. Better performance than 7.62x39 and a heck of a lot more fun to shoot than 5.56.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts