6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's not often I post about a complete rifle and I haven't shot this thing in 5 years. I changed the barrel out to one of my 16" mid gas 308 Nextgen barrels and changed the handguard to a slim mod lok, has a cheap magpul MOE stock on it. Bare rifle weighs 7lb 1 oz. The factory trigger in this thing is less than 2 lbs, almost too light.
Over the past 3 weeks I have run a ton of ammo(Steel case Barnaul, DAG, M80, TNB1) through this thing to test reliability and so far not 1 single mis feed or any other problem. Tues evening I put 9 Federal 130gr TNB1 in less than 3/4", jerked the crap out of 1 of the 10.
I think it's time to find some more upper receivers since I have creedmoor, 243 and 260 barrels for it.

I've been testing 308s lately. Newly purchased PTR 91-A3SK (16" HK clone) is the other surprise, it will print 1 1/4" groups with the same ammo. Now they have a picatinny rail welded to the top of the receiver which is worlds better than the old Claw scope mount. Trigger on the 91 breaks about 8lbs, shoots pretty good for having an 8lb trigger. Mags sell for about $4ea. I consider the 91 a true battle rifle.

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
That's really interesting on the PTR-91. I would not have readily believed that. I have not bought a gun in a week...looks like another one to add to the potential list since I like odd ball stuff

·
Registered
221 Posts
I changed the barrel out to one of my 16" mid gas 308 Nextgen barrels
Not long ago I completed an Aero M5 build with a 708 barrel. I really like it and so far it seems like it is going to be accurate, but it is a heavy beast. I'm thinking of building an upper for it with a "pencil" weight 308 barrel. I looked at your site and didn't see the 308 Nextgen barrel, what are the specs?

·
Registered
13,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not long ago I completed an Aero M5 build with a 708 barrel. I really like it and so far it seems like it is going to be accurate, but it is a heavy beast. I'm thinking of building an upper for it with a "pencil" weight 308 barrel. I looked at your site and didn't see the 308 Nextgen barrel, what are the specs?
They will not work in a full size AR10/dpms LR 308.

·
Registered
13,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What do you think of a Faxon instead?
They are definitely pencil barrels, other than that I don't know anyone that has one but I would use a Wilson Combat before I would a Faxon.

Reactions: oldscot3

·
Registered
83 Posts
I had a PTR-91 GI model back in 2014. I really liked it and I as pleasantly surprised at how accurately was. I ended up selling it to a buddy who liked it more than I did.

Yeah the $5.00 magazines were really nice too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 9 of 9 Posts