6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Exactly what the title says^

I'm rounding out my parts bin (I like to have a little bit of everything for each caliber I own) and I'm somewhat confused about the extractor specs. Some old threads on the internet suggest that 6.8 uses a 5.56 extractor, but I know that JP makes a caliber-specific one, and other companies offer exorbitantly priced 6.8 extractors too. Is there a specific manufacturer of 6.8 extractors (aside from the expensive JP ones, of course), or is it all a marketing scam and will any mil-spec 5.56 one work?

·
Registered
13,754 Posts
As far as I know all 6.8 bolts use 6.8 extractors except for my superbolts. I raised the shelf height to hold the 5.56 extractor out far enough to snap over the rim.

Stag 6.8 extractors should be inexpensive.

·
Registered
785 Posts
As far as I know all 6.8 bolts use 6.8 extractors except for my superbolts. I raised the shelf height to hold the 5.56 extractor out far enough to snap over the rim.

So I have a couple of your super bolts and by chance if something were to brake I could use a standard 556 extractors in it? I do have a couple of other 68 bolts and if something should happen I would need 68 pacific parts??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Would you happen to know where to find one? Stag's website only offers an unspecified 'mil-spec' extractor, and the Opticsplanet.com listing for the Stag rebuild kit says it fits both 5.56 and 6.8 bolts. I'm just as uncertain as before at the moment.

·
Registered
13,754 Posts
So I have a couple of your super bolts and by chance if something were to brake I could use a standard 556 extractors in it? I do have a couple of other 68 bolts and if something should happen I would need 68 pacific parts??
Yes to both

·
Registered
13,754 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts