6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone here running a 1050 with the 6.8? And if so what specific parts are you using with the case feeder? Having an issue getting the case feeder to work correctly with 6.8 brass.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Is anyone here running a 1050 with the 6.8? And if so what specific parts are you using with the case feeder? Having an issue getting the case feeder to work correctly with 6.8 brass.
You have to use a washer and I believe one of the pistol plates... I was just at Dillon yesterday asking about it and wasn't going to load 6.8 for a while so I didn't put it into memory, but they know exactly how to make it work.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
For my 650XL, I've occasionally experience problems with the either case feeder tube jamming up or brass dropping upside down. I've never figured out a way to stop it but as my case feeder has gotten more use it seems to happen less often. I also switched out the shell plate for the .40 cal plate. The one Dillon supplied was for the 7.62x39 which allows to much wobble. H's suggestions were really helpful when it came to setting up my 650 for 6.8. May help with setup on your 1050 too:

http://68forums.com/forums/showthread.php?32073-Correct-Dillon-Shell-Plate-for-6-8-spc

·
Registered
110 Posts
For my 650XL, I've occasionally experience problems with the either case feeder tube jamming up or brass dropping upside down. I've never figured out a way to stop it but as my case feeder has gotten more use it seems to happen less often. I also switched out the shell plate for the .40 cal plate. The one Dillon supplied was for the 7.62x39 which allows to much wobble. H's suggestions were really helpful when it came to setting up my 650 for 6.8. May help with setup on your 1050 too:

http://68forums.com/forums/showthread.php?32073-Correct-Dillon-Shell-Plate-for-6-8-spc
Haven't started loading 6.8 on my 650 yet. That thread has plenty of good info. Or has Dillon corrected the problems since '12 ?

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Not sure. I know their most recent manual still has my original plate listed as the plate to use for 6.8. If you call Dillon and explain the problem, they'll switch out the plate if requested. I already had a .40 plate since I also reload .40.

·
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
This isn't the case plate on the main press. Its for the case feeder part.

If using small rifle cases get stuck during fall out.
If using LR gets wedged in a pile in the bottom
Dillons answer was small pistol and 2 spacers.

Just seeing if others had found a solution.

Also its not mine. I don't have a 1050. But a local company is working to offer a 6.8 ammo offering soon and working through some bugs. They use 1050's when developing and until the individual offering gets a large enough purchase history. then switch it to the Camdex presses. They just asked for help on getting this issue figured out.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
I think I know what your referring to. I've had a case not fall past the tab that turns off the case feeder. The case feeder will continue to run causing the cases to jam in the drop down or at the plate. I've had it happen more with .233/5.56 than 6.8. Not sure how to fix it. Biut only happens occasionally on my press. I can usually clear the brass with my finger. I use the small rifle plate for my 650.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts