6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just do not understand the rule of Law anymore.

Would-be Reagan assassin John Hinckley Jr. to be freed after 35 years

Thirty-five years after he shot President Ronald Reagan and three others outside a D.C. hotel, John W. Hinckley Jr. will be released from a government psychiatric hospital, a federal judge ordered Wednesday.
The ruling ends the institutionalization of the one of the nation's most notorious mental health patients.
Outrage over Hinckley's acquittal in the 1981 shooting reshaped the insanity defense in courts across the country. The revelation that he had pulled the trigger to impress a movie star added obsession and celebrity to the case. And extraordinary television footage of the attack on the 40th U.S. president brought the event to millions of American homes.
Local Crime & Safety Alerts
Breaking news about public safety in and around D.C.

In Wednesday's court order, U.S. District Judge Paul L. Friedmanwrote that Hinckley, 61, no longer poses a danger to himself or others and will be freed to live full time with his mother in Williamsburg, Va. His release could come as early as Aug. 5 and is subject to dozens of conditions, some of which could be phased out after a year if Hinckley adheres to them.

More;

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...142084-5015-11e6-a422-83ab49ed5e6a_story.html

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hinckley been taking regular trips out of the hospital for some years. Was in the news before this election cycle that he could be released from hospital. Doubt it has anything to do with Trump or DNC.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I could see the Dems doing something like that seeing the Hinckley family has family ties to both Bush and Obama and neither are trump supporters.

$$$$ and ties to the Bush family got J. Hinckley the undeserved insanity declaration. If it was someone that wasn't wealthy we wouldn't be having this conversation they would have received life without parole!,,,, This travesty of justice is no different than the bizarre affluenza defense recently seen. Those with money, power and influence are held to a far less strict application of the law than a common citizen!

·
Registered
6,732 Posts
I could see the Dems doing something like that seeing the Hinckley family has family ties to both Bush and Obama and neither are trump supporters.

$$$$ and ties to the Bush family got J. Hinckley the undeserved insanity declaration. If it was someone that wasn't wealthy we wouldn't be having this conversation they would have received life without parole!,,,, This travesty of justice is no different than the bizarre affluenza defense recently seen. Those with money, power and influence are held to a far less strict application of the law than a common citizen!
people with more$$$ get better lawyers that actually know how to debate and "work" the court system and jurors , seems simple to me , but doesn't seem like justice ....to easy to plead insanity now-a-days and too light of a sentence for those that do

·
Super Moderator
12,229 Posts
people with more$$$ get better lawyers that actually know how to debate and "work" the court system and jurors , seems simple to me , but doesn't seem like justice ....to easy to plead insanity now-a-days and too light of a sentence for those that do
If you are a democrat you shouldn't even have to plead insanity. It should be assumed.

·
Registered
6,732 Posts

·
Administrator
22,085 Posts
Ugh... try working amongst a crowd of rainbow flag wavers who start blathering the Party Line at company gatherings. :a10: :a43: Comments like: If he gets elected, we'll be the laughing stock of the world (I'm thinking we HAVE been for 8yrs. now)... or, if he get elected, I'm moving (I'm thinking... I've heard that before... but feel free to do so)...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.