6.8 SPC Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a Bushmaster M4. Did I get a turkey? Anybody have experience with these in 6.8? Other than the SAAMI chamber and 1-10 twist (no combat loads) What do i need to be concerned about? I will use it for plinking and deer hunting ( I usually kill my deer at 20-75 yards) and will eventually upgrade to a 1-11" barrel with a better chamber.

Thanks, I love this forum!

Dave

·
Registered
615 Posts
My only experience with a Bushmaster 6.8 was a couple days ago when the nice lady at the gun store let me field-strip hers. So I can't say anything you don't already know--it seemed to be a tight rifle, nice finish and allllmost worth the going price these days. I'd probably be going for it if I weren't on the list for an Xtreme already, since it is right down the street.

Would love to hear of your experiences though, after a nice break-in and with some good ammo. I bet it'll be hard to beat for short-range deer hunting.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
It is a very nice upper. Just get it converted to the SPCII Chamber and it will be fine.

·
Registered
7,444 Posts
If/When you get it converted by paul shoot it and post some results

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry to be such a NOOB but how do I get it converted? Does someone perfrom the service here where I can send my upper?

Thanks
D

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
st6dh said:
Sorry to be such a NOOB but how do I get it converted? Does someone perfrom the service here where I can send my upper?

Thanks
D
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3357

Check that thread for info on getting it converted to a SPCII chamber, or contact Constructor of ar15performance.com to get it converted to the Advanced DMR chamber

·
Registered
159 Posts
:a31: i just missed vietnam by a scholastic deferrment (i'm a DLI grad), but my buddies tell me while the earlier colts were just plagued with problems, the armalites were OK, but from the start the bushys were the cats meow (by comparison). Right out the box my 556 bushy m4 was sub 1" and i hadn't even started to break it in or tweak it. So ya, bushy lowers are great! Their 68 uppers on the other hand WILL need some gunsmithing to get you there. If you check the general sticky on 68 data you will note in the chart that most of the boutique brands are just now approaching an A rating, while ARP has BEEN there in all its flavors for quite some time. I would suggest you email H (constructor in this forum) and ask his advice of how to best improve your MOA.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
The new BM rifles are SPC-II, 1:11 twist so you may be able to call BM and get the barrel replaced with a new barrel, that way it will be "safe" for all ammo on the market.(the "safety note" may be enough to get them to swap the barrel)
I'm with E, Check the stamping on the barrel. When I was looking into 6.8 barrels about a yr ago or a little more. The bushy rep told me they are in SPCII chambering. I went with ARP.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Just to be onery and post contrary: Most ammo sold is SAMMI, you don't really have to do a thing. If you buy hot ammo, it'll have a no-no warning all over it saying the gun should be SPCII, properly chambered, slower twist, etc. just like the barrel I put on my dissipator from ARP.

I hunted with ol Fuddy Duddy Remington 115 OTM this year, it couldn't have made any difference it was poking along and that's why the deer could jump out of the way and watch it go by. Nothing like that at all.

But that's what I've been telling everyone.

·
Premium Member
10,536 Posts
2008 thread

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.