6.8 SPC Forums banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have learned that some people have radically different views of the world. If you keep asking them "why", eventually you get to "because that's how it is." We can see the exact same thing and have radically different opinions of what happened. That is what is going on now.

I have absolute faith that our country will come out of this current mess in good shape. There will probably be some messes, but they don't really worry me. It seems that I believe in our system of government more than some of you. Maybe my background has something to do with this. I grew up in the cold war as a child who had a very good idea of what a nuclear war would cause.* I lived near a nuclear sub base (Charleston, SC) and would regularly see the Polaris submarines. I spent most of my youth believing that there was little chance that I would live to adulthood. I guess that these days, I have more faith in our fellow man than many of you.

I have been reading "end of the world" articles since before many members on this site were born. I have been following this website since it was established, roughly 15 years ago. It will be interesting in 15 years to look back at this thread. Some of us will go "what was I thinking?" If I am still alive, I will try to find you guys and share a beer so we can laugh at the person who was wrong.

*When I was 7, we had a house guest who grew up in Nagasaki and he left a book showing the aftermath of the A-bombs. This warped my childhood somewhat.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My comments in GREEN below.
Snip...There is a clear distinction between peaceful protest and rioting. ...snip I can agree with that. I have no problems with peaceful protest. I have problems with wanton destruction, rioting mobs, etc.

I find it sad and a little bit pitiful that so many see BLM as a terrorist organization. (How else would you describe a self avowed Marxist organization dedicated to the overthrow of our Government & way of life? Have you actually read their manifesto?) There are certainly a few dangerous extremists that are part of that organization, but MOST people who are involved in the movement are normal Americans. I know people who have marched for the BLM movement and they are just regular people. They believe in trying to make the "more perfect union" and to "establish justice" like the Preamble charged us to do. I live in a relatively liberal area and have black friends, but it seems that I live in an entirely different COUNTRY than the one you guys talk about. Geez, someone following this thread would think that every city in the country is burning to the ground. In fact, there are only a few places where there had been rioting. (Please define "few." At last count, since this all started, I can count more than a "few" places that have been hit by rioting under the BLM/ANTIFA banner.) Most of that is being done by troublemakers and criminals who don't care about politics, they just use the current situation as an excuse to raise hell. Use your brains, people. If there were some highly organized movement, we would have seen numerous snipers, organized military-style activity and the use of sophisticated explosives to create mass destruction. (You assume they don't exist/would have already engaged in such tactics if they existed. Go take a dive into the John Brown Gun Club & Redneck Revolt. They exist. They train. They just haven't engaged yet.) All you actually see is yahoos with fireworks and molotov cocktails. Most of them are not even armed... in the United States... where anyone with little money can buy a firearm. Think about it. Where are the highly-trained armed thugs that many right-wing news sources have been talking about for months?

On the other hand, it is easy to find videos of white-supremacist groups working on military tactics and training their members with firearms and explosives. (Please cite. It's easy to find videos of extremists, yes. US based white-supremacist groups though? Not so much in my experience.) They do not believe in our Constitution and they want to overthrow our country. I have never heard a BLM supporter talk about a civil war, (You might want to check that. I seem to recall a recent video of BLM/ANTIFA chanting "Death to America" as they marched down the street as an example.) but I have seen people on this site bring it up. Guess who worries me more.

So, to respond to the original post, I am personally much more worried about white supremacists. Then again, one of my children is of Asian descent. Having a non-white kid in the family exposes you to some of ugly side of our country that most of you never notice. You guys should know that she is afraid even to travel near conservative rallies these days. Think about that for a minute. She is an American citizen who fears to be around people like us because she is not white. Have any of you ever discovered that some "patriots" have threatened your children? That is why I get angry when normally good people say stupid things that essentially mean that because my daughter's skin is not white, she is the enemy.

I have followed this site since its inception, partly because I consider the 6.8 SPC to be an excellent hunting cartridge and partly because I think highly of the people here. I am beginning to reconsider that second point.
Most of my adult life, all I've wanted was to be left alone. We've come to a point where one side of the political spectrum has decreed that I won't be left alone, I'll be forced to choose sides, and if I choose "incorrectly," I'll be doxxed and possibly killed/murdered.

As for the charge of racism, I've only ever seen it displayed by one side. Is it possible that racist constitutional conservatives, exist? Sure. I just haven't run into any. I've run into a whole slew of racist "liberals" and "progressives" though.

I'm told that we need to "have a dialogue," but then I'm told to shut up because of my "white privilege." Doesn't seem like much of a constructive "dialogue" can happen with those rules. I've been labeled racist, called a deplorable, that I "didn't build that," and that I wouldn't have what I do if not for the color of my skin. Seems pretty racist to me.

I'm told I have "privilege" by those who refuse to struggle & sacrifice as I have for what I've accomplished. I'm told I "owe" them what I have sweated blood, sweat & tears for, because they have refused the same opportunities we all are given as citizens of this nation.

DHS is actually "right" in a way with their draft assessment. A lot of folks like me are getting sick & tired of being called racists. Being told to shut up. Being told to hand over the fruits of our labors to those who won't & have never worked for them, because they can only be victims, and we can only be oppressors. Being called deplorable & unredeemable. Being dehumanized by the Left & MSM (BIRM). Being assaulted. Having the fruits of our labor destroyed with no repercussions. If the course doesn't change, there WILL come a point folks like me say, "Fuck it, let's get it on." I won't be led meekly to a cattle car. I won't let those I love & protect be assaulted. I won't go quietly into that goodnight. YMMV.

·
Registered
178 Posts
My comments in GREEN below.

Most of my adult life, all I've wanted was to be left alone. We've come to a point where one side of the political spectrum has decreed that I won't be left alone, I'll be forced to choose sides, and if I choose "incorrectly," I'll be doxxed and possibly killed/murdered.

As for the charge of racism, I've only ever seen it displayed by one side. Is it possible that racist constitutional conservatives, exist? Sure. I just haven't run into any. I've run into a whole slew of racist "liberals" and "progressives" though.

I'm told that we need to "have a dialogue," but then I'm told to shut up because of my "white privilege." Doesn't seem like much of a constructive "dialogue" can happen with those rules. I've been labeled racist, called a deplorable, that I "didn't build that," and that I wouldn't have what I do if not for the color of my skin. Seems pretty racist to me.

I'm told I have "privilege" by those who refuse to struggle & sacrifice as I have for what I've accomplished. I'm told I "owe" them what I have sweated blood, sweat & tears for, because they have refused the same opportunities we all are given as citizens of this nation.

DHS is actually "right" in a way with their draft assessment. A lot of folks like me are getting sick & tired of being called racists. Being told to shut up. Being told to hand over the fruits of our labors to those who won't & have never worked for them, because they can only be victims, and we can only be oppressors. Being called deplorable & unredeemable. Being dehumanized by the Left & MSM (BIRM). Being assaulted. Having the fruits of our labor destroyed with no repercussions. If the course doesn't change, there WILL come a point folks like me say, "Fuck it, let's get it on." I won't be led meekly to a cattle car. I won't let those I love & protect be assaulted. I won't go quietly into that goodnight. YMMV.
P Squared, I wish I could give your post two thumbs up.

This forum is based on the love, respect and devotion to civil rights for all. The Second Amendment is a civil right, the right of the people. This forum allows us to use our First Amendment civil right to express opinions. This is a very tolerant forum, it allows anyone to voice their opinion regardless of age, color of skin, religion, economic background, education, etc. This form and its members are accused of being racists and low-life because because it is tolerant of all civil rights, races, religion, etc.

Raising a daughter or children, to fear a political party, its members and the color of their skin is pitiful and flat-out wrong. two of my business partners underage daughters we're physically attacked, because they wanted to know why some Mostly Violent Protesters had their left-wing extremist views. They were not questioning their views, they just wanted to understand why they held them. Surprisingly these brave and courageous young women do not hate or fear they're violent attackers.

The new definition of a white supremacist is; a white person that believes in equal rights for all, not special rights and privileges for a few.

·
Registered
18 Posts
it's hard to argue that BLM isn't a terrorist group when their leaders say things like:

Black Lives Matter Toronto co-founder Yusra Khogali made a Facebook post in which she claimed white people suffer from "recessive genetic defects" and should be wiped out.
That's just horrible. Next thing you know they'll be wanting to round up white people and sell them like cattle to work on farms and in factories.

·
Registered
65 Posts
That's just horrible. Next thing you know they'll be wanting to round up white people and sell them like cattle to work on farms and in factories.
So you agree with their statements that white people should be eradicated? Context is everything. The United States ended slavery 155 years ago. As ugly as slavery was it was far from genocide. BLM, as declared by one of their leaders, wants to kill ALL white people today.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

·
Registered
997 Posts
I hate politics so I shouldn't write here ..........
The Constitution has 5 amendments that specifically address clarification of "all men are created equal" and variations of whom is allowed to chose who governs who and specifies that all person's born or naturalized as citizens are privy to those rights .

I was raised grey , which in a way is mind blowing I knew my great grandmother , born in 1888 , who went to California in a Conistoga with 4 oxen and 2 horses and at the tender age 32 drove back home to Nashville TN . She grew up on a farm in Los Angeles . My Mom's whole immediate family was at Pearl when Japan rolled in , my great Aunt an RN and transoceanic flight attendant for PanAm ran a triage in her living room . In 1946 she was married to German wood worker and the day I born some 20 yr later she was picking colors for her brand new Carmon Gia that would be stolen out of her garage in 88' back in the islands just north of Honolulu . Talk about family with want of a grudge ........ Mom has a 4th generation Chinese via Japan recipe from their time in the islands for chowmien/chop suey sans noodles and sweet and sour pork that is divine . It was from a little Japanese lady in Hawaii who's father was a Japanese officer that took a Chinese wife just before the Flying Tigers went to China . I remember my G Grandmother going on about about probably the Watts riots but always in a "why are they always making those good colored folks look bad" way . Don't remember my grands or my folks for that matter ever really having an opinion one way or another , but my Dad got in a Black guys new Caddi with him and a Mexican and drove to Dallas in June of 68' . Willie Carr the owner of the Caddi paid for the 2 flights back to LAX he was in Dallas for 8 family members moving them to California . Dumb place to be in the moment like that .

After a great deal of digging we are denied our NA rights because the registration name is on the wrong list , the 1873 something vs the more official 1878-1910 Daws list ...... I do have a useless struggling to gain recertification Indian card so at least my unfortunately angry Irish-German looking self with a splash of Iberian isn't white . My Dad's family spent most of WWII in the central valley of California picking fields cotton and ground fruit/veggies mostly .

It is the content of ones character not their skin , eyes , or hair that drives my opinion of people although gaining knowledge and a certain personal guilt for lumping all of the "hodgies" in one basket for 15 years was a hard thing to overcome . Billy Graham was a right wing radical with 10 million followers . So folks are what they is .

If a person is hammered down , treated differently , and genuinely fearful of where they live the best thing they can do is get the hell out of there and go somewhere they aren't . There are a lot of places where the inner city stereotype is 50 miles from Sunday dinners with chop suey , lasagne , and chitlins .

Property destruction wasn't right when Sherman marched to the sea but it was necessary . It wasn't right in Dallas , Watts , the Occupy Movement , or the Antifa BLM crap . March , jamb up traffic , chant , swamp every elected official and every office in letters until your on a first name basis with all of the appointees from the county clerk's to DJT that is fine I fully support it even if it's diametrically opposed to my beliefs . When the stone is cast , window is broken , or individual is injured , that's where it stops . That is when the violence starts , and everyone that is inciting , suggesting , funding or complicit to it needs to be held accountable for their actions . I frankly don't care if it is the blind tin cup leper on the corner with a scooter board or the great and wonderous Barry O , N Pelosi , or the Fabulous G Soros . I'd love to see them tried in the 9 circuit and convicted in Utah . Mostly because hanging and firing squad are still on the books as choices for exicution ......I think , it hasn't come up since Gary Gilmore .....

I feel for your daughter , one of my granddaughters has an Asian appearance also and I truely pray it is never an issue for her or the other and only grandson that have a 2nd gen from legal Spanish/Mexican immigrants father .

I don't what the future holds for us . I do know that if we don't start taking responsibility for ourselves and our choices and actions and start acting like "many as one" with free minds to think we will see blood in the streets and fields again . We have to stop the endless campaigns for office and get back to representing the people that put them in office not whatever interest spent the most to get them there . I'd like to see a 50% cut in pay and at least a 50% cut in post-office benefits too . That is unlikely to ever happen .
I don't have an answer for racism , be more like me I guess .

·
Registered
655 Posts
All law abiding citizen with firearms protecting property, that just happened to be white, will be labeled a white supremacists and placed on that domestic terrorist list.
I don't generally get too political or follow much of the MSM, but watch this.

A bit lengthy of a video but this kinda explains what we've all been seeing happen.

The relevant and why I quoted you, Guts, is around the 8:45 mark. This is a very interesting case about a Marine Veteran, now bar owner, in Omaha who shot and killed a "protester" last May while protecting his business, his father and ultimately himself. The Douglas County Prosecutor looked at the evidence and found this to be a very clear case of self defense. The only crime committed was his CHL was expired. Shortly afterwards the left used their tactics to make them rethink and he was then indicted on 4 separate felonies, including manslaughter. Unfortunately, after losing his business, his home and having to move away due to death threats, etc. Jake instead chose to take his own life as we can assume he felt he had reached the point of no other way out.

For more details, google Jake Gardner Omaha and there will be plenty.

RIP Jake, you won't be forgotten. This one is especially close to home as I personally know and deployed with this man, twice.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
I had been holding off on commenting in this thread because I genuinely dislike pissing people off. First of all, I believe anyone rioting and destroying other's property should go to jail. There is a clear distinction between peaceful protest and rioting. On the other hand, it is our right and duty to make our country better. Sometimes that means teaching kids right from wrong, sometimes that means helping others in our communities, and sometimes, that means protesting in the streets. I was going to quote the U.S. Constitution and its preamble, but that seemed too preachy. Some of us learned the Preamble word-for-word as children and take it seriously. Many of us here have taken an oath to defend the Constitution of the United States.

I find it sad and a little bit pitiful that so many see BLM as a terrorist organization. There are certainly a few dangerous extremists that are part of that organization, but MOST people who are involved in the movement are normal Americans. I know people who have marched for the BLM movement and they are just regular people. They believe in trying to make the "more perfect union" and to "establish justice" like the Preamble charged us to do. I live in a relatively liberal area and have black friends, but it seems that I live in an entirely different COUNTRY than the one you guys talk about. Geez, someone following this thread would think that every city in the country is burning to the ground. In fact, there are only a few places where there had been rioting. Most of that is being done by troublemakers and criminals who don't care about politics, they just use the current situation as an excuse to raise hell. Use your brains, people. If there were some highly organized movement, we would have seen numerous snipers, organized military-style activity and the use of sophisticated explosives to create mass destruction. All you actually see is yahoos with fireworks and molotov cocktails. Most of them are not even armed... in the United States... where anyone with little money can buy a firearm. Think about it. Where are the highly-trained armed thugs that many right-wing news sources have been talking about for months?

On the other hand, it is easy to find videos of white-supremacist groups working on military tactics and training their members with firearms and explosives. They do not believe in our Constitution and they want to overthrow our country. I have never heard a BLM supporter talk about a civil war, but I have seen people on this site bring it up. Guess who worries me more.

So, to respond to the original post, I am personally much more worried about white supremacists. Then again, one of my children is of Asian descent. Having a non-white kid in the family exposes you to some of ugly side of our country that most of you never notice. You guys should know that she is afraid even to travel near conservative rallies these days. Think about that for a minute. She is an American citizen who fears to be around people like us because she is not white. Have any of you ever discovered that some "patriots" have threatened your children? That is why I get angry when normally good people say stupid things that essentially mean that because my daughter's skin is not white, she is the enemy.

I have followed this site since its inception, partly because I consider the 6.8 SPC to be an excellent hunting cartridge and partly because I think highly of the people here. I am beginning to reconsider that second point.

[video]
[video]

Here ya go buddy. Lets start getting you educated on the people we have a problem with. The willfully ignorant have been sucked into the BLM movement and are being used by Radical Leftists and Communists (antifa) which are the bottom feeding losers of society, the dregs. They're getting louder and more numerous since the occupy Wall Street days. They're complete garbage human beings and their goal is first: Anarchy and Chaos. Spread it, sow it, burn it all down. Once it's burned down and probably 250 million Americans subjugated or murdered, they can start to rebuild a communist utopia. This is the shit they actually believe. It took the Bolsheviks and the Soviet Union 40-50 years and 100 million dead to get to where they are now, not to mention the spread of a toxic ideology that has killed untold millions more in China and Southeast Asia, but that's what they want. They want you, you're half Asian daughter, your family and mine subjugated to their will. They want you in the streets with your fist raised to pledge to their cause or die.

So they're using the BLM movement as a cover. Can't argue with that name right? Or you're a racist. What about antifa (anti fascist. If you're not an anti fascist then you must be a FASCIST RIGHT?)? First thing that needs to be done is the people that are serious about making black communities better need to stop calling it "Black Live Matter". Only a bunch of Marxists would call their organization a statement that can't be argued with. Then they need to start focusing on building up black owned business, education, families. Not rioting in the streets. And if you think 90% of the protesters are peaceful, that don't mean jack when they approve and support the rioters. That's the problem.

Of course there are good people in the movement and they want better lives for them and their families, but if you think there aren't very, very bad people, then you're unbelievably ignorant. Because it's all on video dude. Just do some research.

Oh not to mention, the entire reason for the "movement" is based on lies. "Police Brutality" It's basically saying it's ok to fight the cops, shoot at the cops, threaten the cops, commit crimes and so on. These black men that are being killed by police, THEY'RE CRIMINALS. An overwhelming amount of the police involved shootings are justified due to CRIMINALS committing CRIMES and fighting the cops.

You want to start making things better for black people in democrat run cities? Well, lets vote out the democrats first and then focus on making their lives better, producing less criminals and creating citizens who want to be a productive part of society. No one cares if you protest peacefully but it ain't gonna do any good when you need to be home making your community better.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Maybe I need to clarify a thing or two, been thinking on this. I'm not saying this minority of very loud, very violent people is going to succeed. I don't personally feel like the "world is ending", or the country is burning down. But this is what THEY WANT. It's a toxic, cancerous ideology and honestly, i don't think most of these people believe the garbage that comes out of their own mouths. It's all BS and they know it.

But to say you're not worried about it because your half asian daughter experienced some sort of racism at a conservative rally? I dunno, you seem to be equating the people here to people that would discriminate against your daughter because we see right through the BLM bullshit and i think that's just pathetic. I'm insulted and i'll leave it at that. I'll tell you what, you go watch out for the nazi's that are coming for you and your daughter, we'll watch out for the commies. To say that either of those ideologies is ok or not to be worried about is how they end up gaining traction and spreading like the cancer they are.

Show me a garbage commie or a POS white supremacist nazi and I'll put them in the same boat. They don't belong and their ideology should be purged from American Society. But I don't see hundreds of thousands of Nazi's marching in the streets of American Cities, burning, looting and attacking the police and regular citizens. But I sure do see a bunch of leftists doing just that. Just because it's in isolated areas of certain democrat run cities... that doesn't mean the fire can't spread. Got to keep a lid on that.

·
Super Moderator
11,855 Posts
Maybe I need to clarify a thing or two, been thinking on this. I'm not saying this minority of very loud, very violent people is going to succeed. I don't personally feel like the "world is ending", or the country is burning down. But this is what THEY WANT. It's a toxic, cancerous ideology and honestly, i don't think most of these people believe the garbage that comes out of their own mouths. It's all BS and they know it.

But to say you're not worried about it because your half asian daughter experienced some sort of racism at a conservative rally? I dunno, you seem to be equating the people here to people that would discriminate against your daughter because we see right through the BLM bullshit and i think that's just pathetic. I'm insulted and i'll leave it at that. I'll tell you what, you go watch out for the nazi's that are coming for you and your daughter, we'll watch out for the commies. To say that either of those ideologies is ok or not to be worried about is how they end up gaining traction and spreading like the cancer they are.

Show me a garbage commie or a POS white supremacist nazi and I'll put them in the same boat. They don't belong and their ideology should be purged from American Society. But I don't see hundreds of thousands of Nazi's marching in the streets of American Cities, burning, looting and attacking the police and regular citizens. But I sure do see a bunch of leftists doing just that. Just because it's in isolated areas of certain democrat run cities... that doesn't mean the fire can't spread. Got to keep a lid on that.
I agree, and you can lump the KKK right in their with them. Another Democrat sponsored organization just like BLM and Antifa.

Reactions: earlytom
21 - 40 of 57 Posts