6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I wonder how many of us are praying our stamp is approved and we can pick ours up before they are outlawed. Especially those that live in Free statesanctuary states .

Sent from my LM-K920 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
12,171 Posts
Democraps introduce legislation all the time that has no chance of ever getting passed. I wouldn't be too worried about any of it at this point. If it were to pass, there doesn't look like there would be any grandfather clause. It says there is a buy back plan with a 90 day grace period for you to come into compliance with the only exceptions being law enforcement and atomic energy personnel.

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
They have gone full retard....even if they managed to get this passed and the other gun grabbing bills which they won't as Woodstock mentioned. The free states would answer back with sanctuary state legislation.

·
Super Moderator
12,171 Posts
And if you also remember 94 the dems had a large majority in both houses of congress, which they do not have now and after the gun ban of 94 both houses flipped to a heavy Republican majority for the first time in 40 years. The have a very small majority in the house now and basically no majority in the senate. Not to mention there are a couple of Dems in the senate that lean towards our side when it comes to any gun control legislation.

·
Registered
199 Posts
The 94' ban was unconstitutional. Doesn't matter if it got passed or not and I can guarantee you that the majority of people who owned "pre-ban" arms did no go cut them in half or turn them in to the local authorities just because they banned them...in fact pre-ban AK's, AR's, G3's etc. were a "thing" for quite some time and I call many people bragging about their pre-ban rifles quite openly.

I'm going to keep posting these until people get it in their head what the supreme law of the land is and exactly what it means. There can be no argument against it's intention and what types of arms are covered under it and no question of the American people's rights which cannot be "legislated" away, PERIOD:

"The whole of the Bill [of Rights] is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals...It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." - Albert Callatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789

"As civil rulers, not having their duty to the people duly before them, may attempt to tyrannize, and as the military forces which must be occasionally raised to defend our country, might pervert their power P a g e | 5 to the injury of their fellow citizens, the people are confirmed by the article in their right to keep and bear their private arms" - Tench Coxe in "Remarks on the First Part of the Amendments to the Federal Constitution," Under the pseudonym "A Pennsylvanian" in the Philadelphia Federal Gazette, June 18, 1789 at 2 col. 2

"Congress has no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American... The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state government, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people" - Tench Coxe, Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788

The Militia is composed of free citizens. There is therefore no danger of their making use of their power to the destruction of their own Rights, or suffering others to invade them.” - Samuel Adams, to James Warren, January 7 1776

“Every able bodied freeman, between the ages of 16 and 50, is enrolled in the militia. … The law requires every militia-man to provide himself with the arms usual in the regular service.” - Notes on the State of Virginia, written by Jefferson, published in 1781, updated in 1782

"The prohibition is general. No clause in the Constitution could by any rule of construction be conceived to give to Congress a power to disarm the people. Such a flagitious attempt could only be made under some general pretense by a state legislature. But if in any blind pursuit of inordinate power, either should attempt it, this amendment may be appealed to as a restraint on both." - William Rawle, A View of the Constitution 125-6 (2nd ed. 1829)

"To be prepared for war is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace. A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies.” - First Annual Message to Congress; Federal Hall, New York City (January 8, 1790)

“The militia, who are in fact the effective part of the people at large, will render many troops quite unnecessary. They will form a powerful check upon the regular troops, and will generally be sufficient to over-awe them.” - An Examination of the Leading Principles of the Federal Constitution (October 17, 1787)

“A militia when properly formed are in fact the people themselves...and include all men capable of bearing arms. The Constitution ought to secure a genuine militia and guard against a select militia, by providing that the militia shall always be kept well organized, armed, and disciplined, and include...all men capable of bearing arms. The mind that aims at a select militia, must be influenced by a truly anti-republican principle.” - Additional Letters From The Federal Farmer (1788)

“That the people have a right to bear arms for the defense of themselves and their own state, or the United States, or for the purpose of killing game; and no law shall be passed for disarming the people or any of them, unless for crimes committed, or real danger of public injury from individuals...”. - during debates on ratification of the Constitution in the Pennsylvania assembly

“Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American . . . . The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people.” - The Pennsylvania Gazette (February 20, 1788) To preserve liberty

Certainly one of the chief guarantees of freedom under any government, no matter how popular and respected, is the right of citizens to keep and bear arms ... The right of citizens to bear arms is just one guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard, against the tyranny which now appears remote in America but which historically has proven to be always possible." - Hubert H. Humphrey, Senator, Vice President, 22 October 1959

·
Registered
199 Posts
The fraudulent administration currently occupying the white house is first off all not legitimate and secondly has absolutely no authority to arbitrarily strip any person of their fundamental and God given rights no matter what they or their reasoning concludes. Nor does it matter one bit how much they agree amongst themselves. They want our arms?

There are only two ways that will happen for anyone willing to stand up against tyranny: 1. voluntary surrender 2. force on force in which case many of them are going home in long wooden boxes all over the nation. This would result in absolute chaos and loss of control, which is very precarious even now. This is why they are so desperate to achieve voluntary capitulation, they cannot achieve it by force.

Furthermore, as a follower of Jesus, I know that he provided a stern warning to the paid soldiers who came to take him away that night which is equally applicable now to any law enforcement or military who would VIOLATE THIER OATH, "those that kill by the sword, die by the sword". If you trade is violence, you will die by that very violence you sell for a wage.

Any law enforcement, military or foreign troops attempting to use force to confiscate fire arms from law abiding, peaceful American citizens have become nothing more than mercenaries by their very choice to kill or harm those who they swore an oath to protect. It never ends well for paid thugs and it is my hope that their passion to uphold what is just and upright will be re-kindled and emboldened by the spirit of freedom (which is the Spirit of God), not quenched by the spirit of fear.

What I believe would likely happen if such a flagrant attempt at force on force is perpetrated, is a large divergence, you will see a mixture of things happening all over America. Some places will have freedom and those in the law enforcement and the military will side with the American people and work together. But you will also see places where they are conditioned to do whatever they are told and enact tyranny.

You will even see division within small units where some agree and others do not, turning on one another. However I have come to believe those enacting tyranny will be relatively small in number with the larger majority being united against them. Even some who may have leaned towards authoritarian (anti-freedom) views will see the evil of it and the suffering it causes. Experience is the mother of all truth and some truths become so absolutely undeniable when reality kicks them in the face. When it happens to people they care about by the hands of those wicked people they threw their lot behind, when the unjust laws they supported stirp them and their loved ones of their humanity...attitude's and thinking starts to change real fast.

But I can tell you that many, many military veterans, some of which I know personally, even if they don't see the value in the 2nd Amendment while their in service and Uncle Sam is providing them arms (suggesting they tend to lean towards authoritarianism), change their tune when their out. They no longer have Uncle Sam's backing and that false feeling of being "special" or "uniquely qualified" and realize very quickly why the 2nd Amendment exists, what it's purpose is and how valuable it is them in their own lives as private citizens now.

At times, experience can be the ultimate authority challenging false beliefs. For example it's hard to deny that excessive exposure to the sun will cause sun burn when you actually get burned....supposing someone foolishly made an argument that you can't get sun burned by being out in the sun too long.

I think we should stop obsessing about every little thing that a small group of illegitimate people who have no real power are doing and start talking to people about how much REAL power they have been given as American citizens.

“Let a regular army, fully equal to the resources of the country, be formed; and let it be entirely at the devotion of the federal government; still it would not be going too far to say, that the State governments, with the people on their side, would be able to repel the danger. The highest number to which, according to the best computation, a standing army can be carried in any country, does not exceed one hundredth part of the whole number of souls; or one twenty-fifth part of the number able to bear arms. This proportion would not yield, in the United States, an army of more than twenty-five or thirty thousand men. To these would be opposed a militia amounting to near half a million of citizens with arms in their hands, officered by men chosen from among themselves, fighting for their common liberties, and united and conducted by governments possessing their affections and confidence. It may well be doubted, whether a militia thus circumstanced could ever be conquered by such a proportion of regular troops. Those who are best acquainted with the last successful resistance of this country against the British arms, will be most inclined to deny the possibility of it. Besides the advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation, the existence of subordinate governments, to which the people are attached, and by which the militia officers are appointed, forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of. Notwithstanding the military establishments in the several kingdoms of Europe, which are carried as far as the public resources will bear, the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. And it is not certain, that with this aid alone they would not be able to shake off their yokes. But were the people to possess the additional advantages of local governments chosen by themselves, who could collect the national will and direct the national force, and of officers appointed out of the militia, by these governments, and attached both to them and to the militia, it may be affirmed with the greatest assurance, that the throne of every tyranny in Europe would be speedily overturned in spite of the legions which surround it. Let us not insult the free and gallant citizens of America with the suspicion, that they would be less able to defend the rights of which they would be in actual possession, than the debased subjects of arbitrary power would be to rescue theirs from the hands of their oppressors.” - (James Madison, author of the Bill of Rights, in Federalist Paper No. 46.)

And that is exactly what we are seeing. Individual states are starting to rise up and say NO. You have NO authority to dismiss the rights of our people and we will not submit. The more they press, the more the spirit of resistance to evil will be rekindled. It is a righteous rebellion, not illegitimated rebellion.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I have said for years guns will not be confiscated door to door . First comes registration or other means of knowing you have guns ( credit card purchase , concealed carry information ) then cut off government payments , subsidies " entitlements " social security and medicare to anyone who doesn't comply . By then the government will have gotten enough control of energy that it will be a highly subsidized commodity . Only independent wealthy people will have guns before they are through if they are not stopped .

Sent from my LM-K920 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
199 Posts
5th generation warfare is asymmetrical. Cutting off other essentials to attempt to force submission however is not new, the Soviets did that to the Ukraine in order to get them to turn in their arms. Electronic control systems are just a recent implementation, but the same old concept. Essentially it would be an attack on individual's supply lines of essential goods in order to force submission.

However that is an act of war against the targeted group. There are always ways to fight back, including sourcing common essentials locally which is far easier to do for outer urban and rural areas because of proximity to the source. That would be exceedingly difficult do for large cities.

But there are things at play here beyond just the natural visible elements and I suspect this will not end well for those purveyors of evil. You cannot fight the God of all creation and win.

Failure is a guarantee when you take on the protector of the United States. America was and still is unique among nations and plays a vital role of being a light in a world of darkness, even when compared to Israel whom he made a covenant with. But hey, I'm just one of those deplorable followers of Jesus, so what do I know?

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Does anyone know if there is any "official" data (FBI stats, etc.) on crimes committed involving a suppressor?

Reactions: Nor Cal Mikie

·
Super Moderator
12,171 Posts
Does anyone know if there is any "official" data (FBI stats, etc.) on crimes committed involving a suppressor?
I wondered that same thing. You certainly never hear anything about crimes involving suppressors on the news.

Reactions: Nor Cal Mikie

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
If dems cared about every life like they say they do, FIRST, they’d be pro life but second, they’d ban tobacco and alcohol. Combined they are attributed to nearly 1 millions deaths per year....

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I wondered that same thing. You certainly never hear anything about crimes involving suppressors on the news.
I'm gonna guess next to none, assuming you net out folks getting caught with fuel filters by bored BATFE agents

·
Registered
134 Posts
It’s been a few years back, but I did ask an ATF agent that question back when I had my shop in AZ.

It was less than 1%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
It’s been a few years back, but I did ask an ATF agent that question back when I had my shop in AZ.

It was less than 1%.

A solution looking for a problem

·
Registered
8,937 Posts

It was less than 1%.

And most of that is from criminals building suppressors so that they could commit the crime(s).

·
Premium Member
1,193 Posts
If dems cared about every life like they say they do, FIRST, they’d be pro life but second, they’d ban tobacco and alcohol. Combined they are attributed to nearly 1 millions deaths per year....
twice as much as Covid, and 55,550 times as many as Blacks killed by cops... and they burn cities down over that!!!! Yeah, that's right, take away sport guns and silencers you agnostic assholes!!!!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts