6.8 SPC Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
I personally well no longer use lead core bullets for anything I intend to eat . They get the job done but destroy too much meat. I personally like all the Barnes bullets I have tried the 95 grn TTSX being my favorite in the 6.8SPC although the 110 grn TSX also worked fine. They have dropped the deer, antelope and a small bear as fast as my .308, .270 0r 7WSM. You can eat the meat up to the bullet hole without eating lead.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I personally well no longer use lead core bullets for anything I intend to eat . They get the job done but destroy too much meat. I personally like all the Barnes bullets I have tried the 95 grn TTSX being my favorite in the 6.8SPC although the 110 grn TSX also worked fine. They have dropped the deer, antelope and a small bear as fast as my .308, .270 0r 7WSM. You can eat the meat up to the bullet hole without eating lead.
Lol. You have obviously been directed to an old topic . I often comment on years old post that pop up without noticing the last post date . It peaves some members but it doesn't bother me when others do it because components change and new members come along . That said if you really want performance from non lead go to cavity back bullets .

Sent from my LM-K920 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
I often comment on years old post that pop up without noticing the last post date . It peaves some members but it doesn't bother me when others do it because components change and new members come along .
That being said, it's deer season again. I need to site in again this year, I had a confusing deer HIT last year that left blood but no long trail and no deer anywhere.
On my 2 builds I started out with everything everyone else bragged was good but didn't shoot worth crap in my gun... for whatever reason.
I found right now I can only shoot Sellier & Bellot 110gr. PTS with good grouping... now I'm only a hunter so if it hits & kills I'm happy, but without me expending my horizons, this is the only bullet I trust.
Since ammo is in such 'short' I'll wait to try others later, just hope I don't have another mishap again this year. Dropped 3 dead on in 2019

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
That being said, it's deer season again. I need to site in again this year, I had a confusing deer HIT last year that left blood but no long trail and no deer anywhere.
On my 2 builds I started out with everything everyone else bragged was good but didn't shoot worth crap in my gun... for whatever reason.
I found right now I can only shoot Sellier & Bellot 110gr. PTS with good grouping... now I'm only a hunter so if it hits & kills I'm happy, but without me expending my horizons, this is the only bullet I trust.
Since ammo is in such 'short' I'll wait to try others later, just hope I don't have another mishap again this year. Dropped 3 dead on in 2019
We have taken deer with every factory 6.8 hunting bullet I know of and have found S&B 110 to be the best all around choice of factory rounds ( before cavity back became factory available ) . For roll your own I prefer cavity back first and accubond second . If S&B is ever offered as a component it will be in second place . That said most of the rounds I have loaded are 90 grain Speer g d . They are cheap , not the best at anything but good enough for everything .

Sent from my LM-K920 using Tapatalk

21 - 25 of 25 Posts