6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my oldest daughter hunting this weekend, my younger two love it but the oldest just showed an interest last week. I had taken her to the range and she tried several of my guns and really liked the AR 6.8 the best by far so that was the weapon. I had loaded some of the Accubond 110 with 29.6 H322 which had been doing quite nicely at the range.

We sat last night and had 5 young bucks from 4/8 points and one doe. I told her that she could shoot the doe and we would save these young bucks for another year or two. She set the ACOG chevron on the shoulder and slam, I saw white belly and a quick turn to the brush. We came out of our blind and eased up to the trail and I showed her some blood. She took it from therre and tracked the doe about 15 yards down a trail. There she laid with a ball af lung blown out of her side. It was a nice shot from 85 yards taking the top of the heart and both lungs. The Accubond put the serious whammy on her.

My daughter, 17, and a pagent-all girl type, was beside herself in excitement. I have never seen anyone so ellated and intrigued by the experience. She even was great and curious about the cleaning and wanted to see all the organs, wants to be a doctor.

The 6.8 is a phenominal cartridge for deer. No kick and slams the animal. She is now a huge AR fan too.

The your kid hunting and you won't have to hunt your kid.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Good God, it looks like she shot that thing with a shotgun. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Nice job.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Good Job BoBean! My brother has two daughters that are much younger than your girl. I know he would love to have the opportunity you just shared with yours. Send your daughter our congratulations. :)

·
Registered
7,444 Posts
That certainly did the trick... Tell your daughter congrats on a perfect shot and kill. Did the accubond hit bone or does it normally tear a hole like that through stuff?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No bone. The entry was typical, the exit was a nickle sized hole and it drug out a golfball size piece of lung from the exit pressure. The cavity was clean, nice perferation of both rib cages, grazed one rib on exit. The accubonds work great unless you hit meat. They do extensive damage but stay together pretty well.

·
Registered
7,444 Posts
thanks for the description of the wound

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Tell her I said nice shooting and good for you taking her into the woods, the shooting sports need more females in the mix!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts