6.8 SPC Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Ooooo... she's a purdy 4-incher! Mine's being released from purgatory later this morning. That LGS is only open 0930-1300 hrs., so I haven't been able to go get it during my work week. It's been agonizing, knowing it's ready to come home and my mornings have been tied up. But, one of the holsters arrived, and has been well conditioned/dried in prep, Speedloaders are ready to go as well. Life is good.

·
Super Moderator
22,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Oh, life is GOOD ! The factory wood fits my meat hooks perfectly! The new Bianchi hip holster fits it perfectly, and I did order the correct size (6"). The leather is supple after conditioning with my favorite gun leather conditioner (Bick4). I have four HKS Speedloaders all set. The Mahogany box it came in needs a little love. Some knucklehead had a pen/paper on the lid and was writing notes, which left the words pressed into the wood. Gonna have to see if some steam will take most of it out, possibly some sanding. And, the fabric on the inside is long gone. Considering some leather inside of it. Now, just waiting on the arrival of my Alaskan Guide (leather) holster too.

From the face of the cylinder, my guess is this thing was fired 3x, cleaned and boxed (probably factory test firing). Every other bore has a trace of powder residue stain, but not all six bores. Still need to compare the pull to my 686 (sweetest I've felt yet, but this one might match it), and measure the pull.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Oh, life is GOOD ! The factory wood fits my meat hooks perfectly! The new Bianchi hip holster fits it perfectly, and I did order the correct size (6"). The leather is supple after conditioning with my favorite gun leather conditioner (Bick4). I have four HKS Speedloaders all set. The Mahogany box it came in needs a little love. Some knucklehead had a pen/paper on the lid and was writing notes, which left the words pressed into the wood. Gonna have to see if some steam will take most of it out, possibly some sanding. And, the fabric on the inside is long gone. Considering some leather inside of it. Now, just waiting on the arrival of my Alaskan Guide (leather) holster too.

From the face of the cylinder, my guess is this thing was fired 3x, cleaned and boxed (probably factory test firing). Every other bore has a trace of powder residue stain, but not all six bores. Still need to compare the pull to my 686 (sweetest I've felt yet, but this one might match it), and measure the pull.

Don't keep us in suspense ... Let's see some pics?

21 - 25 of 25 Posts