6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning I heard a familiar whistle. It was my Tahoe calling to me, it was itching to go for a drive. Before I knew it, my trusty rig had pulled into the P-Lot of my favorite LGS about 10ish miles away. The owner has always sat in the rear/left corner of the store to greet folks as they enter. It was always a pleasure to greet Bruce. No Bruce, he passed away last January. He will be missed.

I began my usual deposit of drool on the glass cases when my eyeballs popped out and nearly shattered the glass (most embarrassing when this happens). Flaunting her beautiful curves at me was a fine 29-2 in nickel... Target hammer/trigger/stocks, R/R and WOL sights, in 6". From eyeballing it, only a faint line on the cylinder from someone not being careful enough. The front of the cylinder looked to have only the factory test firing remains on two bores, and no wobble from an idiot trying to "Charles Bronson" the cylinder shut. Wooden presentation box included, no lining. From the serial number, it's a 1980 vintage honey.

Just below it, was a 25-15 in .45LC. Blued and N.I.B. It was nice, but lacked the smooth as butter refined feel of the 29-2, and has the dreaded lock on the frame. The $700 price difference had me eyeballing the 25, but, it just didn't measure up to the 29's sex appeal.

I HATE WA State's mandatory 10 day waiting for them... but, the clock is ticking. This is a likeness of mine, mine's still in jail. Yeah, this is what I get for buying up some HKS Speed Loaders for one of these a while back. LOL

·
Super Moderator
22,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Already have the Alaskan Guide holster on order from Diamond D Custom Leather.

·
Registered
944 Posts
That’s sweet!

·
Super Moderator
22,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is purty no doubt. I just wish you would up your game a little and learn to love a real revolver. You know, a Ruger.
My first ever handgun (which I still have) is a Ruger Super Black Hawk (3 screw) which has NOT had the factory recall "fix" done to it. Dad borrowed it years ago and killed a bull moose with it, with a head shot... iron sights. (Go dad !!)

·
Registered
388 Posts
Nice revolver!

I just sold 1k of 44 hard cast bullets. I picked them up from a friend that sold all his reloading components to me 10+ years ago. Thought someday I might pick up a ported 629, but I've given up at this point. I don't get too many opportunities to even shoot the guns I've got now.

View from the porch of a place we rent every year on north shore. Headed back in Sept. We shoot around the Boca area when we go.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Nice revolver!

I just sold 1k of 44 hard cast bullets. I picked them up from a friend that sold all his reloading components to me 10+ years ago. Thought someday I might pick up a ported 629, but I've given up at this point. I don't get too many opportunities to even shoot the guns I've got now.

View from the porch of a place we rent every year on north shore. Headed back in Sept. We shoot around the Boca area when we go.
Wow. That is beautiful. Jealous

·
Registered
388 Posts
This morning I heard a familiar whistle. It was my Tahoe calling to me, it was itching to go for a drive.
Ha, since you lived down here before moving north, I thought you were referring to Lake Tahoe and had a desire to drive there. I'm getting dense these days.

·
Registered
128 Posts
My first ever handgun (which I still have) is a Ruger Super Black Hawk (3 screw) which has NOT had the factory recall "fix" done to it. Dad borrowed it years ago and killed a bull moose with it, with a head shot... iron sights. (Go dad !!)
Impressive sir, VERY impressive!

ETA:

Have a 29-2 in the safe but in blue. LOVE that revolver. She's worn a bit, but feels nice and tight. Bought used several years ago and have sold the other 44 revolvers but she's still here and will probably be until I can't shoot anymore. Hopefully have a grandson that shoots by then that'll appreciate her long after I'm dust. Don't think my daughters fully appreciate the "elderly hand cannon" like I do.

Congrats on the purchase and love her well!!

·
Super Moderator
22,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ha, since you lived down here before moving north, I thought you were referring to Lake Tahoe and had a desire to drive there. I'm getting dense these days.
"?" I haven't lived in Alaska for nearly 30 years now. I did commute there for work for a decade after moving back to Seattle.

·
Super Moderator
22,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Super Moderator
22,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I thought you were going to say you found a Glock! :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:
That will look sweet in the new holster!
Wash your mouth out young man !! LOL

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Great looking revolver! I had a chance to buy a 6” 629 a few weeks ago for $800, but had spent too much on guns lately.

·
Super Moderator
22,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Great looking revolver! I had a chance to buy a 6” 629 a few weeks ago for $800, but had spent too much on guns lately.
That was a good price, for an older one.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts