6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've really been wanting something in the 7.62x39 caliber. I see the AK too much as a jihadi gun, so it doesn't have too much appeal. I like the SKSs, but am mad I missed out on buying one when they were $100. Then I came across the CZ 527. While it is a bolt action, it is designed to shoot the crappy steel cased stuff and according to reviews, does so very accurately. Much lighter than an AK or SKS too. Something different. Anyone have one of these?

·
Registered
180 Posts
I've really been wanting something in the 7.62x39 caliber. I see the AK too much as a jihadi gun, so it doesn't have too much appeal. I like the SKSs, but am mad I missed out on buying one when they were $100. Then I came across the CZ 527. While it is a bolt action, it is designed to shoot the crappy steel cased stuff and according to reviews, does so very accurately. Much lighter than an AK or SKS too. Something different. Anyone have one of these?
I opted for the .223 version but they should be very similar. It's a great lightweight rifle and fun to shoot. Accuracy is good and handloads shoot sub MOA. You really can't go wrong with almost any of the CZ offerings...

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I opted for the .223 version but they should be very similar. It's a great lightweight rifle and fun to shoot. Accuracy is good and handloads shoot sub MOA. You really can't go wrong with almost any of the CZ offerings...
As part of my OCD analyzing of anything I buy, I was seeing some complaints of light primer strikes, but that was mostly on reloads and brass cased ammo, and I think CZ now ships them with stronger springs. Apparently there is a slight difference between the Saami 762x39 and the CIP 762x39. If anyone knows anything about this and cares to eleaborate.......
I do plan to own a CZ75B one day too. So many guns I want, so limited funds.

·
Registered
75 Posts
CZ makes some fine guns. I am not sure about this caliber offering. One thing is, if you get one and have trouble with the firing pin not striking hard enough. Go to a firmer spring, in the firing pin. That would be a cheap and easy fix.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
My cousin had a 527 in 7.62x39 a couple years ago. It would shoot 1" groups with Bear 125 gr soft points.

He sold it, and now wishes he hadn't.

They are compact guns, with a short LOP. It was too small for my 6'2" frame.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts