6.8 SPC Forums banner

Current state of 6.8 magazines?

5K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  moboy56 
#1 ·
Got a PRI and two 15 rnd C Product mags with my first AR some years ago.

Ordered some of the stainless steel 25s from the then C Products. The finish was fragile, but the mag work well at OALs of 2.290-2.92 or there abouts. Was able to find a few more of those later.

Tried half a dozen of the first C Product Defense 25s and they worked but would allow an adequate OAL ... so they have been relegated to the 338 Spectre.

Thinkin' abt adding some mags. Really would like the longer OAL and a non-PRI price. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

#2 ·
PRI on sale? ;)

Seriously though, I also have a mix of mags including Barrett, old and new c products, ASC, PRI and I would say if not PRI, ASC. I have had too many CPD that just get thrown into the range bag because they can't be trusted anywhere but the range.

Heinous typos thanks to autocorrect.

#7 ·
Pri prices suck. But they are dang nice mags. Have you considered the unimag from primary arms. Same price as the pri but allow about any caliber to be used. That's a definite perk for those of us with several calibers. Asc work ok. But the ones I've used the finish sucks. Truth be told once I started using pri that's about all I use anymore. They feel so much beefier. My only won't use are cpd. I bought 6 that didn't work. Chad sent me another 6 that have the same problem. The spring will not push the ammo up. They bind up terrible. They bind up so bad they are almost impossible to unload.

#8 · (Edited)
Maybe I need new calipers? anything over 2.285/2.288 is not reliable in my PRI mag's ,, 3-5 rounds and 1-10 round; I have 2-30 round Barrett's that I don't even fool with because of coal but in time I will load something for'm;;;;; Five rounds max in FL. Deer hunting woods.....
I don't have any problems with 2.285 I'v had some good rounds with that COAL,, is anyone using the 15/25 round PRI, do they work??????

#10 ·
I have maybe a bad tendency to go big when I go for a new caliber. I bought lots of PRI mags back a few years ago when I added 6.8 to my quiver I bought all I will ever need. All work from 5 to 30. When I added a x39 upper I bought a lot of ACS all work with no issues. Maybe I have just been lucky. Sometimes it is good to be a first adaptor. I will say sometimes it did not work out.

#11 ·
I also am planning on purchasing more 6.8 mags and am wondering about OAL specs for recently purchased mags.

ASC seems promising based on their info OAL 2.316 +/- .002 but I haven't purchased any lately. If I remember correctly the ASC mags I purchased about 2 years ago were around 2.3

FWIW I tend to buy plenty of mags for each mag fed firearm purchased. I know a fair number of folks swear by (fill in name here)magazines but honestly I haven't had but one or two problem mags in my history of mag buying from many different manufacturers.

#13 ·
The way I understand it is they won't. The plastic would have to be thinner than they are willing to go to fit in a standard magwell. That is why LWRC has a non standard lower with a larger magwell. Magpul made mags for that rifle only because it allowed them to stay with the thickness they were comfortable with.

#14 ·
Love my LWRC Razorback. Hated I could only get 30rds mags. Had some cut down for hunting. Looks like they will offer some smaller mags. Now the is a cool deal. Great rifle.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.