6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While at work today I picked up about a 30 foot log with the excavator and was swinging it around to get it out of my way. I caught a glimpse of something out of the corner of my eye just in time for me to stop before I took out this little buck. He made an abrupt left hand turn (just far enough to get out of reach) and stopped to munch a few leaves. A few minutes went by and he ran off down the hill. There has been 3-4 of them hanging out on the job and they don't seem to be to afraid. This one seemed to be playing more than anything.

It's funny how they get use to the equipment and it no longer bothers them.

This is a crummy picture, taken with my cell phone.

·
Super Moderator
21,650 Posts
A few years from now, he'll be a nice one.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
While at work today I picked up about a 30 foot log with the excavator and was swinging it around to get it out of my way. I caught a glimpse of something out of the corner of my eye just in time for me to stop before I took out this little buck. He made an abrupt left hand turn (just far enough to get out of reach) and stopped to munch a few leaves. A few minutes went by and he ran off down the hill. There has been 3-4 of them hanging out on the job and they don't seem to be to afraid. This one seemed to be playing more than anything.

It's funny how they get use to the equipment and it no longer bothers them.

This is a crummy picture, taken with my cell phone.

It is crazy how fast they get used to the new normal. In one of the shooting ranges we have to stop sometimes to go and disperse them.
Sometimes we have to walk 100 - 200 yards right up to them so they move on. Otherwise you can keep shooting and/or yelling but they look at you like
you are crazy.

LMAO.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
It is crazy how fast they get used to the new normal. In one of the shooting ranges we have to stop sometimes to go and disperse them.
Sometimes we have to walk 100 - 200 yards right up to them so they move on. Otherwise you can keep shooting and/or yelling but they look at you like
you are crazy.

LMAO.
DEFINATELY true when I was stationed in Germany we had some Red Stag wonder out onto the range during a table 4 live fire. Someone mowed one down with a 240 and you would have thought that it was an international incident. Range shut down with an investigation. The local range I go to here is occasionally shut down due to Turkeys on the rifle range.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
DEFINATELY true when I was stationed in Germany we had some Red Stag wonder out onto the range during a table 4 live fire. Someone mowed one down with a 240 and you would have thought that it was an international incident. Range shut down with an investigation. The local range I go to here is occasionally shut down due to Turkeys on the rifle range.
An accident is one thing but close to impossible if one knows what he/she is doing.
One of the ranges here (actually the most convenient and close from home) is in the middle of a park and all species around and in the range are protected no matter what season.
Only an ignorant goon would shoot an animal like that on a range and just for the sake of it.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
An accident is one thing but close to impossible if one knows what he/she is doing.
One of the ranges here (actually the most convenient and close from home) is in the middle of a park and all species around and in the range are protected no matter what season.
Only an ignorant goon would shoot an animal like that on a range and just for the sake of it.
Agreed, it was written up as an accident but only the person who did it knows that for sure. The German wildlife officials didn't seam to convinced it was an accident but did thier part with the paperwork and all of that and removed the carcass before the range was cleared to continue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts