6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys gonna do coyotes this winter short on cash so was thinking of moving mu bushnell 4x32 fixed over tom 6.8. will mostly be hunting over bait road kill etc.. so no long shots 10-100yards at the most. I want to put my money into the rings for now rescope it in the spring. Thanks for your thoughts.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Since those little dogs typically run at or in the dark, an optic with the largest glass possible to let the most light in for your viewing pleasure. Got yourself a good coyote call? A portable cd player with the right disk, place near the bait could help you a lot.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I prefer 1-3 / 1-4, lower power scopes.

the wider field of view is better for moving targets.

3-9x is like tunnel vision.

.....but I guess it depends on your terrain.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I just took a 3X12X42 off of my 6.8 and put the little Weaver V3,1X3 on it.
It has good glass, great field of view, bright and not real expensive. The 1X and wide field of view allows shooting with both eyes open which makes it easier for me to find a close or running target. Set on 3X lets me shoot out to 250+ yards depending on the target size.

I liked it so well I ordered another one and mounted it on my muzzleloader. After muzzleloader season is over I'll put it on my 5.56 upper.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey thanks for the replys ya houser i was just looking t the v3 scopes might get one this weekend. was also looking at a couple of 3-7 powers too but that v3 is nice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts