6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the process to convert a LWRC Six8 to a DI Six8? I know you need the fitting for the upper. Does LWRC sell it? To make the change, I'm thinking you would only need the upper receiver fitting, a new bolt carrier plus a DI barrel, gas block and gas tube. But I'm wondering if the inside of their upper is milled where it would only work with their Six8 piston BC. I picked up a Six8 SPR that seems very accurate but will swap the barrel for an ARP barrel if needed and can be done. Just thinking outside the box.

·
Banned
2,342 Posts
Whats the process to convert a LWRC Six8 to a DI Six8? I know you need the fitting for the upper. Does LWRC sell it? To make the change, I'm thinking you would only need the upper receiver fitting, a new bolt carrier plus a DI barrel, gas block and gas tube. But I'm wondering if the inside of their upper is milled where it would only work with their Six8 piston BC. I picked up a Six8 SPR that seems very accurate but will swap the barrel for an ARP barrel if needed and can be done. Just thinking outside the box.
why jump thru all those hoops, trade it to someone here that has something close to what you want, maybe get some boot thrown in? of course they are your hoops and yours to decide what to do with them. LOL

·
Registered
523 Posts
Do you not like the piston system? I am pretty sure that you can just do a barrel swap and run the piston with an ARP barrel.

·
Super Moderator
5,753 Posts
The only thing I know that's different is the bushing pressed into to upper for the gas tube.

No different than buying a stripped SIX8 receiver set and building a DI gun or knocking out the bushing and building a piston gun.

Here's mine; ARP 12.5" DI built on a LWRC receiver set.

Sent from a final firing position, the crosshairs are on you!

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So far my piston Six8 SPR seems pretty accurate. But I need more time at the range with it. Especially a 200 yard range. I've learned to never say never when it comes to tinkering with my ARs. Plus, I'm partial ARP barrels and their accuracy. We'll see how it works out. Just one of those "what if" situations passing through my mind.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do you not like the piston system? I am pretty sure that you can just do a barrel swap and run the piston with an ARP barrel.
Yes so far. I guess I need to take my Six8 apart and see how the piston system works. Just a barrel swap would be great.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yes so far. I guess I need to take my Six8 apart and see how the piston system works. Just a barrel swap would be great.
Piston driven uppers don't have the same carrier or carrier key that DI uppers have....so that would have to be addressed as well

·
Registered
129 Posts
"I picked up a Six8 SPR that seems very accurate" So the rifle functions well and is very accurate and you want to **** with it. REALLY? Are you that bored? I have heard some stupid **** before but this just climbed to the top of the list...:a43:

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
"I picked up a Six8 SPR that seems very accurate" So the rifle functions well and is very accurate and you want to **** with it. REALLY? Are you that bored? I have heard some stupid **** before but this just climbed to the top of the list...:a43:
I know. Heap it on Brother!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts