6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Ok got the 5x magnifier in, still waiting on the mount. First impressions:

The machining of The housing and finish are very smooth. Holding the magnifier up to the sight you can definitely tell the difference looking through the magnifier.

One note is I will probably have to move my romeo 5 forward. I have it sitting about my ejection port and I think there is not enough room to put the mount behind it. I will see when I get it.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Ok so here goes the non range review. So I received the UTG mount. I did have to move my romeo 5 forward a bit.

Optic to mount fit:

The fit is snug. No need for the provided spacers. There is no torque value provided, so I used hand tight, then a 1/4 turn past that.

Installation:

The UTG mount is a quick disconnect style mount. Installation was a snap. I've never used a QD style mount, but this felt a bit loose. So I increased the spring tension by turning the allen head on the throw lever, problem solved.

Alignment:

So the alignment isnt perfect

This may be due to my riser on my Romeo 5, but even with the mis alignment its usable. When using the magnifier no background leaks past the sight.

Clarity:

I won't really know till I get to the range, but close up in my garage it seems fine.

Operation:

A little awkward in my opinion. To pivot the sight you must pull back on your optic, then it pivots to the right. With the pull back motion you cant reverse and have it pivot left.

Adjustments:

The optic does have focus adjust l, You turn the eye ring, not the big knob (which is what I first thought) The knob looking part is actually part of the machined housing.

Overall takeaway:

Considering Ive spent all of $60 for a mount and 5x magnifier I think its worth it. I will see how it holds up at the range.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts