6.8 SPC Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry I was on vacation and didn't know the other thread was actively being pursued by John Culpepper.

To 68JW and rest of moderators, if you would like to discuss this in person and where we are heading with it, send me a PM with your number and we can discuss. Please leave this thread up as I want others to understand the risk they are taking by placing and order on the Whiskey site. I want to make sure others are aware of the situation as some of those that contacted me who live in close proximity to his location are actually afraid that Culpepper will seek them out try to physically hurt them due to the threats he has made to them.

First off, John Culpepper lies about everything. When you question him, you will then get threatening emails from him, vulgar threatening emails. He will threaten you will legal action, lawyers, this that and the other. The fact is we have numerous emails from dozens of customers that are almost all the same.

As noted in the other thread, once you question anything he does, he will then start attacking you. As for his terms and conditions that he posted, he has changed these dozens of times in the past few months, hoping he can keep himself out of trouble.

On his website right now, what does it say about his barrels:

https://www.whiskey3precisionsystems.com/barrels

"In Stock"

He has .375 Reaper, .300 Reaper and 6.5mm, "In Stock".

He also states "**(Due to demand there could be an estimated 4 - 6 week lead time on all components for the Reaper weapon systems all orders will be added to a Back Order list when ordered if the item is not in stock)**

Fact is, some of us ordered 10 months ago and have received nothing!!!

He believes he is immune to any rules or laws concerning delivery of products. The fact is, and for anyone considering and Internet business, the government specifically made laws concerning internet businesses, products and sales.

Here is the FTC rules/law of Prompt Delivery (https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/selling-internet-prompt-delivery-rules)

"
Complying With The Rule By law, you must have a reasonable basis for stating that a product can be shipped within a certain time. If your advertising doesn't clearly and prominently state the shipment period, you must have a reasonable basis for believing that you can ship within 30 days.
If you can't ship within the promised time (or within 30 days if you made no promise), you must notify the customer of the delay, provide a revised shipment date and explain his right to cancel and get a full and prompt refund.
For definite delays of up to 30 days, you may treat the customer's silence as agreeing to the delay. But for longer or indefinite delays - and second and subsequent delays - you must get the customer's written, electronic or verbal consent to the delay. If the customer doesn't give you his okay, you must promptly refund all the money the customer paid you without being asked by the customer.
Finally, you have the right to cancel orders that you can't fill in a timely manner, but you must promptly notify the customer of your decision and make a prompt refund.
Running Late? Overwhelmed with Orders?The Rule gives you several ways to deal with an unexpected demand.

• You can change your shipment promises up to the point the consumer places the order, if you reasonably believe that you can ship by the new date. The updated information overrides previous promises and reduces your need to send delay notices. Be sure to tell your customer the new shipment date before you take the order.
  • You must provide a delay option notice if you can't ship within the originally promised time. The Rule lets you use a variety of ways to provide the notice, including e-mail, fax or phone. It's a good idea to keep a record of what your notice states, when you provide it, and the customer's response".
Here is the FTC's rule/law for 'Business Guide to the FTC's Mail, Internet, or Telephone Order Merchandise Rule' (https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/business-guide-ftcs-mail-internet-or-telephone-order)

" What is the Mail, Internet, or Telephone Order Rule?
The Rule requires that when you advertise merchandise, you must have a reasonable basis for stating or implying that you can ship within a certain time. If you make no shipment statement, you must have a reasonable basis for believing that you can ship within 30 days. That is why direct marketers sometimes call this the "30-day Rule."If, after taking the customer’s order, you learn that you cannot ship within the time you stated or within 30 days, you must seek the customer’s consent to the delayed shipment. If you cannot obtain the customer’s consent to the delay -- either because it is not a situation in which you are permitted to treat the customer’s silence as consent and the customer has not expressly consented to the delay, or because the customer has expressly refused to consent -- you must, without being asked, promptly refund all the money the customer paid you for the unshipped merchandise".

We have people that responded either in the original thread or sent me PM's that requested refunds. John Culpepper, have you provided those people refunds?? I already know that answer, you told them to 'GFY'.

What did it say on your website at the end of last year and well in to this year about the 375 Reaper? Here, let me help you as I have screenshots of all your pages with every change:

"estimated ship time of 2 weeks as of 10/14/14’

We can only speculate what really happened with the original barrel maker, but I can say from information that we've received that you've irritated quite a few vendors, as you know exactly what I'm talking about.

As for your slander of the person you name in the original thread saying that is me, you have no clue of who this is, he responded in that original thread if you would have taken the time to look at who responded, when and locations.

If anyone would like to see the T's and C's as they morphed along the way I can post them up. We have emails, audio recordings, photo's, etc., and one of the guys that responded to me actually talked to him face to face recently, little to his knowledge apparently.

Of the 21 or 22 people that contacted me after seeing the other thread, not one of us has received anything we ordered, with orders dating back to November of 2014, nothing. Only one person that responded in the original thread received his barrel, a used barrel at that and not what he ordered. Do a search on the internet to find anyone that has received an AR based 375 Reaper.

Remember, we know who is manufacturing parts for you, we know where it stands. Not sure your poor business decisions, why tell someone 'I should be shipping next week' when there was no chance of that.

This thread is for informational purposes, for others to read and decide if they want to take a chance with Whiskey 3 Precision Systems. If you would personally like to discuss or again, if you have an order pending with Whiskey 3 Precisions Systems and want a refund , are getting threatening emails, empty promises, please contact me and I'll let you know where this is going. He has made no attempts to make things right, only threats and in some cases, as noted in the other thread, illegal physical threats. I urge those that are afraid of John Culpepper because of the threats he made to them in either emails or on the phone, etc., to please contact me.

Maryland Shooter said it well, why not try to make things right instead of making excuses. Don't think that will ever happen, that's why I wanted to reach out to those getting the same threats. We all work hard for our money, for whatever reason he won't give refunds to those that asked and he agreed to, and he hasn't delivered any product to them or the rest of us.​

·
10,536 Posts
Sorry I was on vacation and didn't know the other thread was actively being pursued by John Culpepper.

To 68JW and rest of moderators, if you would like to discuss this in person and where we are heading with it, send me a PM with your number and we can discuss. Please leave this thread up as I want others to understand the risk they are taking by placing and order on the Whiskey site.
Both sides of this issue were presented as well as I think neccessary for this forum. I closed that thread but it is not deleted and anyone who wants to wade through it may draw their own conclusion. There is nothing new here to warrant a fresh thread.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.