6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been thinking about this for a year or so. But, it's coming to a head real soon. If President Trump makes it back in:

WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO THE HUNTING & SHOOTING INDUSTRY IF WE GET INTO A COLD, HOT OR PROXY WAR WITH CHINA?
Most optics/glass (Vortex?) (other is Germany}, hunting clothes, so many things.. Little future thinking/proofing.

My $0.02+tax

Thoughts?🤷‍♀️

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
nobody wins

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I agree with x man , nobody wins . China knows that also and open war is not what they want . They want us to be afraid and weak and right now we are . Being afraid and weak makes us more vulnerable to our enemies . If Trump was to get back in we might become strong again but it may be too late . That said war with china should not be our big concern , our more pressing issue is the propoganda machine that has taken over our schools and the media. We are on the verge of being at the point of no return and if it goes much farther nothing short of a civil war will stop it . Either way we loose but at least we go down fighting . Our best option is to fight fire with fire and boycott the companies that support the communist liberals but it seems giving up Subway , coke , Pepsi , next flick ext . Is more than people are willing to do .

Sent from my LM-K920 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
849 Posts
China does not want open war. They have lots of numbers, but they are still behind technologically. They have closed that gap, and surpassed us in certain areas. They would rather continue thier economic war. Just like we did to topple the Soviet Union. As far as the impact. A trade war would be mutual suicide, not just for us but the global economy. They make alot for us, but the depend on us for alot.

·
Registered
143 Posts
When Mr T comes back, it is on. China's CCP has been on the ropes a couple of times. Their commie American cohorts, aka Demonrats keep saving their a$$. They pull another bio weapon out to try to stop their inevitable destruction, and they'll get a very tactical response for it this time.

The 22 mid-terms are going be wild. Middle America is about to clean house with a legal election. The backfire from all that they're doing will be enormous. BTW all of these illegals coming in? They are fleeing their own Demonrats. Big surprise; they will not become overwhelmingly supporters of the District of Corruption. The Art War...

·
Registered
451 Posts
Japan and the Philippines have the ability to produce high quality optics, not just Europe. Vortex lower-end optics are made in China but their better quality optics are made in Japan, the Philippines and the USA. I am currently replacing my low-quality (Chinese, Taiwanese and Leupold) optics with Burris (the Philippines), Nightforce (Japan) and Swarovshi (Austria).

Most clothing is made in Southern Asia, India, Pakistan or South America. There are some shoe manufacturers that still use the sweatshops and child labor of China. Most of those companies are endorsed by professional athletes so I boycott them. For the most part, those companies don't even make anything I want, anyway, so meh...

If you were paying attention, the American economy under Trump ( high tariffs and bans on Chinese goods) was the best in history. Despite the desperate attempts of the Democrats to crush our economy, it is still strong because of Trumps policies.

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Japan and the Philippines have the ability to produce high quality optics, not just Europe. Vortex lower-end optics are made in China but their better quality optics are made in Japan, the Philippines and the USA. I am currently replacing my low-quality (Chinese, Taiwanese and Leupold) optics with Burris (the Philippines), Nightforce (Japan) and Swarovshi (Austria).

Most clothing is made in Southern Asia, India, Pakistan or South America. There are some shoe manufacturers that still use the sweatshops and child labor of China. Most of those companies are endorsed by professional athletes so I boycott them. For the most part, those companies don't even make anything I want, anyway, so meh...

If you were paying attention, the American economy under Trump ( high tariffs and bans on Chinese goods) was the best in history. Despite the desperate attempts of the Democrats to crush our economy, it is still strong because of Trumps policies.
GREAT ANSWER to the question! (y)

FWIW:- China probably won't get into a shooting war. It'snot expected, but, a very slight chance through Canada under Biden/Trudeau. " Mutually assured destruction". Iran & some others are a different story. But, there could be a 'Cold War' with shipping bans.

The emphasis of the question is on the shooting/hunting industry.

Reactions: earlytom

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ye of little faith;).... Don't count him out just yet. Things are still in motion. If he was just a politician. I'd say stick a fork in him.
A Chinese invasion of Taiwan will absolutely decimated the US economy, and be viewed as an act of war. There are presently 3 factories in Taiwan will supply over 2/3 of the world’s supply of micro chip processors. Just look to any news source today to witness the crippling effect of a chip “shortage” on American commerce. Now just imagine the elimination of 2/3 of the worlds supply of chips virtually overnight!
China is also the largest holder of American debt in the form of US Treasuries and Negotiable Instruments. They could CRASH our economy overnight by placing those securities for sale on cents on the dollar. The American $ would be worthless inside of 48 hours!

Folks - our country is facing real trouble! Biden will just accelerate the inevitable collision with a force that will alter all of our lives!

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
I agree with x man , nobody wins . China knows that also and open war is not what they want . They want us to be afraid and weak and right now we are . Being afraid and weak makes us more vulnerable to our enemies . If Trump was to get back in we might become strong again but it may be too late . That said war with china should not be our big concern , our more pressing issue is the propoganda machine that has taken over our schools and the media. We are on the verge of being at the point of no return and if it goes much farther nothing short of a civil war will stop it . Either way we loose but at least we go down fighting . Our best option is to fight fire with fire and boycott the companies that support the communist liberals but it seems giving up Subway , coke , Pepsi , next flick ext . Is more than people are willing to do .

Sent from my LM-K920 using Tapatalk

The problem is China has been at war with us for years, just not a shooting one. They have weaseled their way into our country in more places than you realize.

https://box.mr-fo.com/cloud/index.php/s/bNAerWbiSMk8Ekj/download?path=/&files=1a.png
https://box.mr-fo.com/cloud/index.php/s/bNAerWbiSMk8Ekj/download?path=/&files=2a.png
https://box.mr-fo.com/cloud/index.php/s/bNAerWbiSMk8Ekj/download?path=/&files=SOLARWINDS.png

·
Registered
18 Posts
China has been at war with us (and the world) for decades now although our government is too sold out to fight back. This guy's book is worth reading.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts