6.8 SPC Forums banner
61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
I use CFE223 30.0 with 90g Gold Dot seated again 2.225"
3097fps with 20" ARP barrel. This is near max in my barrel.
Start low and work up.
That same load is right at 3000 fps from my 16". Definitely a max load.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Has the CFE BLK tended to produce good accuracy with 90 gr projectiles?

I have some 90gr Nosler Bonded bullets that I’ve been trying with A2200, but the best I can do is sub 2” groups.

i have a bottle of CFE BLK, and wondering if I should try this powder?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Has the CFE BLK tended to produce good accuracy with 90 gr projectiles?

I have some 90gr Nosler Bonded bullets that I've been trying with A2200, but the best I can do is sub 2" groups.

i have a bottle of CFE BLK, and wondering if I should try this powder?
I didn't see anyone who had tried 90 grain projectiles with that powder but I have some 90 and 95 loaded just need to try to find a calm day to get out to the range.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
99 Posts
Has anyone tried working up a load with cfe blk and 95gr ttsx?
Got out and tried some 90 grain gold dots and 95 grain ttsx yesterday, no luck all rounds failed to extract lots of stuck cases and one blown primer. I was using data from the manufacturer's website with no luck didn't get anywhere close to max. Lots of issues right from the get-go on both projectiles.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Some more data

I fired one round each from my 16" AR Stoner barrel, since that one shows pressure signs before anything else, it's on the top line of the velocity data, and it's the bottom fired shell in each column.
I fired 3 rounds each from my 20" Savage ARP thin land barrel. No pressure signs, there is a little cratering on the primers, but that is typical of this gun. Accuracy wasn't great, 1-1.5 MOA on all loads. If I can't get .5 with this gun I'll keep looking.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
Sorry for being late. I'll stick to RE 7 for under 95gr. But, I will have to try BLK for 100-110gr.

61 - 71 of 71 Posts