6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got a chance to try out some 105 and 120 grain CBB’s. Using my Savage 6.8, it shot both of the 105 and 120’s better than anything else that I’ve tried. I think I will be using the 105’s when it’s time to hit the woods.
Light World Slope Line Font
Light Yellow Line Font Space

I then tried both rounds with my Mini 14 that I just acquired. I’m sticking with the iron sights on this gun, so shooting at 100yds was a little tough with my eyes. So I kept it to 50 as I plan on using it for a brush gun anyway. It seemed to like the 120’s a bit better. I’m guessing because it has a faster twist. Either way, I couldn’t be happier with how it shoots and how well the CBB’s perform.
Yellow World Font Astronomical object Red

Thank you Robert and David for coming together and putting out some absolutely outstanding ammunition for those of us that don’t have the capabilities of reloading.

·
Super Moderator
5,753 Posts
I finally got a chance to try out some 105 and 120 grain CBB’s. Using my Savage 6.8, it shot both of the 105 and 120’s better than anything else that I’ve tried. I think I will be using the 105’s when it’s time to hit the woods. View attachment 73695 View attachment 73696
I then tried both rounds with my Mini 14 that I just acquired. I’m sticking with the iron sights on this gun, so shooting at 100yds was a little tough with my eyes. So I kept it to 50 as I plan on using it for a brush gun anyway. It seemed to like the 120’s a bit better. I’m guessing because it has a faster twist. Either way, I couldn’t be happier with how it shoots and how well the CBB’s perform. View attachment 73697
Thank you Robert and David for coming together and putting out some absolutely outstanding ammunition for those of us that don’t have the capabilities of reloading.
Thanks NT, I’ve been itching to go shoot mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I was pleasantly surprised at how well the Mini performed today. I think if I put a scope on it, it would shoot almost as good at the longer ranges as the Savage. But each gun will have a different purpose, so the Mini will stay as it is for now.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I was pleasantly surprised at how well the Mini performed today. I think if I put a scope on it, it would shoot almost as good at the longer ranges as the Savage. But each gun will have a different purpose, so the Mini will stay as it is for now.
Awesome shooting!! Was this the pre-loaded CBB or was this hand load? Either way, I am extremely happy to see these results. Now I feel good about buying the CBBs for reloading.

Reactions: Nontypical

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
Thanks for the 120 grain Mini 6.8 showing there!

A light scope can do wonders for a mini 6.8. Get the full use out of 6.8 with one!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the 120 grain Mini 6.8 showing there!

A light scope can do wonders for a mini 6.8. Get the full use out of 6.8 with one!
I’m sure it will, but I bought the Mini to compliment my Savage that has a scope on it when hunting whitetails. The Mini is going to have a purpose as a brush gun on the ground while doing drives and the Savage will be used when hunting from a stand. If I didn’t build the Savage, I would have no problem at all putting a scope in n it and making it my primary weapon.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Awesome shooting!! Was this the pre-loaded CBB or was this hand load? Either way, I am extremely happy to see these results. Now I feel good about buying the CBBs for reloading.
It's also good that the information on the factory load states the case , powder and charge . The S&B cases they use has more room than most other cases so if someone is trying to duplicate they should back off a grain .

Sent from my LM-K920 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
I'm thinking on getting a 1-6 power scope for the Mini-6.8. The old vortex viper has been getting a heck of a beating being used as the brush rifle itself. I'm more use to a classic "Rifley" profile for shooting and muscle memory. The AR profile took some time to get use to. I like irons myself, every gun I have has iron sights even with scopes, I learned never trust a scope even after two leopolds went bad on me with just them being in storage. Yank off the scope check the iron zero and hunt saved.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts