6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done a comparison between Starline 6.8 and S&B brass? I have some Starline and was going to order more and PV is out of it. Looking at the S&B brass from CBB and was wondering about difference.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
This is an older thread, Starline capacity is on the forum somewhere...

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
S&B has the most case capacity of all the 6.8mm brass. I use S&B as my first choice, old SSA (not Nosler) as my second choice and Hornady as my 3rd choice in brass. S&B had the most case capacity, SSA about 0.2 grains of powder lower, and Hornady about 1 grain less to a bit more. Federal had the lowest and the Starline brass I had was similar to Hornady if my memory is correct. Starline is good brass but I no longer have it around to recheck for you. Maybe someone will have the data to share.

Regardless of case capacity, IMO, S&B is the best brass you can get for the 6.8mm. It is so good, I'm working to learn how to reform it to 224 Valkyrie just to get an edge up in my long-range shooting compared to their Hornady brass.

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
Well, I was at the work bench this morning comparing new 224 Valkyrie brass (basically a neck-down 6.8mm). Here were the results (no Starline) filling the case with CFE. You can see that S&B has more case capacity.

Federal - 32.6 grains
Hornady - 32.1 grains
S&B - 33.6 grains

1 - 4 of 4 Posts