6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still researching to get my reloading bench running again. I had the LE Wilson case trimmer, worked well. Does anyone use the Trim it 2 system? I like the idea of trim, chamfer, and deburr in one step. The Giraud system is caliber specific and too expensive (for me).
Any thoughts?
thanks

·
Registered
164 Posts
You have already ruled out my first choice, LOL! I have a green one on my bench, for less used calibers, not RCBS. A Gracey may be less expensive...

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went with the worlds finest trimmer and I’m sold. Chuck it into a drill press or hand drill and it literally takes 1-2 seconds per case.
I like that one as well, too bad it doesn’t have the capability to chamfer and deburr at the same time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the worlds finest trimmer too

Depends on volume, after doing several thousand 223 during shelter in place I wish I had the Giraud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
8,695 Posts
If you are talking this one
I have it and have used it on 5.56 and 30-06 with the three way cutters. They are caliber specific, ie .277, .308, and .223 that I have, not sure if other calibers are available. It takes a little to set it up and there is something of a learning curve but once done they go pretty quick and consistent.

Reactions: Cemetery21

·
Registered
8,695 Posts
If you are talking this one View attachment 61121 I have it and have used it on 5.56 and 30-06 with the three way cutters. They are caliber specific, ie .277, .308, and .223 that I have, not sure if other calibers are available. It takes a little to set it up and there is something of a learning curve but once done they go pretty quick and consistent.
Today I added the 45-75 WCF to the cases I have trimmed with the Power Pro. These are being formed from .50 Alaskan as the 45-75 is an obsolete round that only a couple of custom makers produce brass at a cost of $4 to $5 per case.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts