6.8 SPC Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
From a .40 or a 9mm?
I'm almost positive it was a 40.

I had it for years but recently threw it away along with a lot of other brass with issues as part of a cleansing process of unwanted scrap around the bench. I had collected enough brass with defects laying around I was afraid something might accidentally get mixed in with a batch of good cases. Now I throw away anything odd as I find them or take a pic first to file away....

·
Registered
49 Posts
Thankfully I shoot on my own range and have a habit of picking up and darn sure to throw certain ones out. It would be a bad day for someone to pickup my brass and reload it

·
Registered
Stag Arms 6.8 model 7, Stngr handguard, CMC NRA blue trig, Harrell tunable muzzle brake
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I do the same but try to keep it below the +P reloads for the most part, that's unless I'm working up a new PD load

·
Registered
881 Posts
Have to see if I have any picks of my 10mm AF bulge on hot loads. I dont think I do. I usually just toss them if they bulge. Then I lower the charge so it doesn't bulge. Not a problem with my XDm

·
Registered
82 Posts
Have to see if I have any picks of my 10mm AF bulge on hot loads. I dont think I do. I usually just toss them if they bulge. Then I lower the charge so it doesn't bulge. Not a problem with my XDm
After many rounds at the line with the same brass I have had some case separation line with a crack running straight line around easy to id no bulging involved out of my Gen 2 glock 17. I did recently see some case bulge in 40sw and the chamber has a issue allowing it to happen. And it wasn’t a glock. So inspect your chamber closely send it back to the manufacturer if you have to, contact them about it!

·
Registered
881 Posts
After many rounds at the line with the same brass I have had some case separation line with a crack running straight line around easy to id no bulging involved out of my Gen 2 glock 17. I did recently see some case bulge in 40sw and the chamber has a issue allowing it to happen. And it wasn’t a glock. So inspect your chamber closely send it back to the manufacturer if you have to, contact them about it!
Its fine. Runs great. My handloads are still hotter than factory 10mm. Well not Buffalo bore.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts