6.8 SPC Forums banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
14,165 Posts
If a camber is out of round, what would be the most likely cause?
To find out if it is truly out of round a chamber cast would need to be made, not just measure brass.
That big company that uses a chambering machine where the reamer spins and barrel is stationary.
Someone touching up the chamber by hand.
Lots of ifs here but if the barrel was out of round or not concentric at the breech and the bore was not indicated before chambering started. That could make the breech wobble and the reamer cut on one side. Anything could happen but now most companies use floating reamer holders that allow the reamer to follow the bore making sure the chamber is concentric.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Thankfully the problem was solved and your money was refunded so you can now purchase an ARP barrel and enjoy the care free accuracy that makes them famous .

Sent from my LM-K920 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
443 Posts
To find out if it is truly out of round a chamber cast would need to be made, not just measure brass.
That big company that uses a chambering machine where the reamer spins and barrel is stationary.
Someone touching up the chamber by hand.
Lots of ifs here but if the barrel was out of round or not concentric at the breech and the bore was not indicated before chambering started. That could make the breech wobble and the reamer cut on one side. Anything could happen but now most companies use floating reamer holders that allow the reamer to follow the bore making sure the chamber is concentric.
Thanks for the information. We just got my wife's rifle back from Savage for this issue (the case was noticeably bulged on one side and the bolt difficult to open). The only thing noted on the paperwork just said, "Fixed". I haven't had time to test fire it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Thankfully the problem was solved and your money was refunded so you can now purchase an ARP barrel and enjoy the care free accuracy that makes them famous .

Sent from my LM-K920 using Tapatalk
I wouldnt mind having a bolt action rifle in 6.8 spc 2. Do you make barrels for bolt action?

41 - 45 of 45 Posts