6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I did it. Not sure if it was a good, bad, or stupid, but I did it.

Several years ago I purchased a case of Fiocci 9mm on sale for practice/range ammo. Shot a bit of it through my small 9mm pistol (SCCY CPX-1) and decided this stuff was hotter than I wanted to run in that pistol, so its sat there in the corner of the closet since. At the time I though that was a good excuse to buy another gun, but it never happened. For the last few years I've been thinking about getting a full size 9mm pistol solely for the purpose of having fun at the range. There's one particular pistol that screams "BUY ME" every time I see it pop up on the gun.deals website, but never been willing to part with the money when it comes up.

Recently came out a lot better than expected on some truck repairs. Had expected to spend about 2500 on a new engine, found a parts truck with a pretty fresh engine for $500. Well was thinking about that pistol again this weekend and decided to stop thinking about it.

So yesterday I ordered a CANiK TP9SFx. Like I said, I'd been eyeballing it on gun.deals for a while and all reviews I've seen have been great. Almost bought the kit with the Vortex Venom included, but really unsure about the 6 moa red dot. If I set it up with the red dot, it would most likely be for target shooting at longer ranges and was concerned about dot size affecting accuracy and blocking the target. So I ordered the pistol w/o optic and for some reason decided to ahead and order a Vortex Venom 3 moa optic to go with. Not sure if I'll ever put an optic on this pistol, but if I didn't buy it now I probably never would. Besides if the Venom doesn't get used on this, I'll just have to buy something else for it to go on.

Still not sure if it was good, bad, or stupid, but here's hoping it'll be fun!

If you've got TP9SFx or any variant of the TP9 I'd be interested in hearing what you think about it and what changes or improvements you've made. Won't Change anything since I've already bought the thing, but I'd still be interested in hearing.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I own a tp9sfelite but its bone stock, as, boringly, most of my handguns are. However, I feel no need to "improve" this little gem. It has ran like a sewing machine, has an awesome trigger that has only gotten better with use, shots everything I've put in it, never failed to feed, fire or eject, its light, cheap and just works. I own some really nice firearms and I always try to buy American but like you these things kept knowing at me because of the price, and the abundant good reviews from people I trust so I just bought one and I have not been disappointed. I dont think you will be either. Oh, my sample is supremely accurate too and I know it's not just my shooting because I am not that good of a pistol shooter.
The price is great( was even better when I bought mine), the machining is par excellent, nice tough finishes and just reliable. What more can we ask for?

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Thanks guys you have now made it harder for me to pass up those emails with the great prices on Canik pistols.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
My assessment of Canik pistols took a sharp up swing when a major gun maker introduced a Canik with their own name on it. Others kept posting great reviews and that got my attention.
Now the "panic buyers" have maxed out their credit cards.....supplies are building up again and prices are coming back down. Thinking about a Taurus G3.....once it drops back down to $200 range

·
Registered
83 Posts
My assessment of Canik pistols took a sharp up swing when a major gun maker introduced a Canik with their own name on it. Others kept posting great reviews and that got my attention.
Now the "panic buyers" have maxed out their credit cards.....supplies are building up again and prices are coming back down. Thinking about a Taurus G3.....once it drops back down to $200 range
Exactly, they know a good pistol when they see one. The aftermarket support just keeps growing, lots of great aftermarket parts out there now. I'm actually eyeballing another one, I think it's called the 92sfExecutive or something like that. It's either that or another CZ. Granted this particular Canik ( pronounced Janik by the way) is more than the CZ, a PCR model.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I haven't logged in in a while and had forgotten about this thread. I got my TP9SFX and love it, just don't get time to shoot it.

It converted me to Canik, my next carry gun will be one of the more compact versions. It made my dad a convert as well. After handling mine he went and bought one of the one series tp9 pistols.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts