6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought one of these last weekend and decided it needed some mods.

Pre-Mod

Mods so far.
1. Swivel pads for the legs to keep them out of the dirt.
2. Added another nut at the top and bottom of the column to make it more stable, It's rock solid now, just need to find a few T-handle fasteners to replace the hex head bolts.
3. removed that POS seat and made a piece that will accept a swivel boat seat, It's made to slide in and out for proper lean into the table/rifle.

Still need to do touch up painting, buy the boat seat and the last part of this mod will be making a new top out of wood that is L shaped but I'm gonna try the square top out this weekend.

·
Super Moderator
21,654 Posts
Looking good thus far Steve. :a31:

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Super Moderator
21,654 Posts
Got an old Lincoln stick welder unit in my basement... 220V, probably weighs well over 100#, don't know if it works (since I don't know HOW... LOL).

Probably close to this vintage of the "Lincwelder".

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got an old Lincoln stick welder unit in my basement... 220V, probably weighs well over 100#, don't know if it works (since I don't know HOW... LOL).
That's what the internet is for. :a01:

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
It's a lincoln it will work. Unless of course it is a lincoln commander 400 which has been discontinued for good reason. Lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts