6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
44mag.com has 6.8 mags on sale for $15. All I have is 1 10 round mag from PRI and here in Michigan 5 rounds is the limit for hunting. I was thinkin about ordering a couple of them, are they worth trying for a hunting mag?

CProducts have a 5 rounder for 5.56 thinkin about getting one of those for yote hunting.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
They work very well. Stay away from the C-Products 17 ROunders.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ordered 4, 5 rounders. 3 5.56's and 1 6.8 mag.

Hopefully they work out well.

Anyone know what Over All Length you can load rounds to with the 6.8 mags?

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
dk17hmr said:
I ordered 4, 5 rounders. 3 5.56's and 1 6.8 mag.

Hopefully they work out well.

Anyone know what Over All Length you can load rounds to with the 6.8 mags?
PRI Mags: 2.31" Max OAL.
C-Products Mags: 2.280" Max OAL.
Barrett Mags: 2.250" Max OAL.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just got back from a mule deer hunt in Northern Arizona. My good friend was using a 6.8 Bushmaster upper with C products 5 round mags. We were stopped by an Arizona Game & Fish Officer and he wanted to inspect my friends mags to make sure they only would take 5 rounds. Well, he tried to push in a 6th round into the first 2 mags ~ no go. But on the third, he FORCED a 6th round into it! I'll bet the weapon wouldn't function with that mag in that condition! So, if you have to use 5 round mahs, make sure that they will only 5 rounds!

I think this guy was a jerk. A young officer, he told my friend NOT to use the mag. So, we went back to camp & put it up. I checked all of my C-Products mag 5 rounders, and they all passed. I was not using my 6.8 as I was given a McMillan custom bolt gun to use on this hunt. Boy, what a beauty it is! And in 270 Winchester to boot! I think it is a one off that they accidentally made instead of a 270 WSM. Helps to know Kelly McMillan!

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
SCCA_Steward said:
Just got back from a mule deer hunt in Northern Arizona. My good friend was using a 6.8 Bushmaster upper with C products 5 round mags. We were stopped by an Arizona Game & Fish Officer and he wanted to inspect my friends mags to make sure they only would take 5 rounds. Well, he tried to push in a 6th round into the first 2 mags ~ no go. But on the third, he FORCED a 6th round into it! I'll bet the weapon wouldn't function with that mag in that condition! So, if you have to use 5 round mahs, make sure that they will only 5 rounds!

I think this guy was a jerk. A young officer, he told my friend NOT to use the mag. So, we went back to camp & put it up. I checked all of my C-Products mag 5 rounders, and they all passed. I was not using my 6.8 as I was given a McMillan custom bolt gun to use on this hunt. Boy, what a beauty it is! And in 270 Winchester to boot! I think it is a one off that they accidentally made instead of a 270 WSM. Helps to know Kelly McMillan!
Sounds like the Office didn't write you for it, so I'd give him a plus one for that. Did you get any deer and if so, where are the pics? :mrgreen:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts